Alligator zone 2

sgrantham

For 6 years I've being applying for a gator permit on Seminole finally built up enough points to get one. Well I'm here this weekend and wish I had put in for somewhere else. The hydrilla, lily pads, and weeds are awful. I admit I don't know the lake that great and it may be better somewhere else. I've only been here once and that was twenty years ago, don't remember it being like this. Last night we saw plenty of gators, mostly small, but you couldn't hardly get to them nor cast to them. Forget running a trolling motor and my 30hp Johnson is struggling. I live three hours away, wish I had done my homework better I guess. My wife got a tag for zone 4 we went to Banks Lake last weekend and got an 8'1” 181lbs one. Was hoping to fill mine here these weekend, been a dream to come hunt here for several years. The little ones you could ride rite up too, unfortunately not with the big ones. If anyone has any tips I'll gladly take them like I say we drove from 3 hours away and rented a place on the lake for the weekend to gator hunt.

sgrantham

I will add this year is my first time ever gator hunting. We did good at Banks Lake last weekend, it was a lot of fun.