Allow out of state birds or Ga only??

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Just a simple question.

I know it tradition on GON to allow out of state birds.
It's up to Y'all !

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I say ga only , only because I only hunt ga but I guess if it helps with participation it don't really matter ! I vote leave it up to the boss !!!

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
I say leave it like it has been.Some good folks on here that either live out of state and are members or are members from within the state that travel around and hunt other states. It's worked well in the past. Need all the participation you can get.

Last edited:

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
How bout Eastern birds from the south east states.
If it's a eastern bird area. It's good to go. Or leave like it is. ?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
This is a decision that should be made by the judges of the competition. If they so chose to make it a vote, the vote should be by only those who are in the challenge.

Bubba_1122

If expand outside GA I think definitely needs to be eastern only (so they score comparably) and still need a maximum number of birds allowed per person (and 3 makes sense since that's the limit in Georgia).

Any thoughts on extra credit if shoot with a bow (sorta be hard to enforce, but that's definitely on my "To Do" list this year).

Gut_Pile

Easterns are found from coast to coast.

If I was playing, I would hope it would stay like it has been

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
I'm going to post the rules this weekend. They pretty much the same as always.
Thanks kmckinnie

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Works for me , anyways a lot of turkey hunters would never kill 1 if they had to do it in ga !

fredw

Retired Moderator
No need to be prejudice about those turkeys outside of Georgia. They all gobble and die just fine:D:cheers:

hoytman308

ive been told easterns are the one of the hardest to kill and some people don't travel to places where birds are easily killed. Easterns only.