ALMOST a series of unfortunate events.....

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
was comin out from coon huntin last night, and there is this small buck (probable 2 1/2 year old) in the farm road..........thick briars on each side, so he heads straight up the road.........comes to a break in the briars, on a slight rise............I speed up to get a better look...........deer speeds up, jumps into the not -so - thick briars............but, ah oh, since the last time he was there, I guess, my buddy put up a fence...........he hits the fence hard, in mid leap, about the time my truck is even with him...........it slingshots that rascal back, and he lands ON THE DOGBOX........wild scramble.....he regains his footing and jumps out by the drivers side door........lets just say one antler is now gonna look somewhat non-typical........anyway, other than a dent in the side of the dog box, no harm, no foul.............coulda been ALOT worse!!! ::; ::; :)

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

7 Mag said:
So, you did manage to get a better look.
lol..........yeah..........he had a seed tick under his right eye........ :D :D.................looked like he would have turned into a 14 inch 8 point after full antler growth...............might be more like 18 inches now, most on the left side of his head...... :D

Nugefan

Good thing

he didn't slingshot back into the cab of the truck...
Glad all are well , like tales not injuries...

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Jorge said:
I bet your dogs were wondering what was going on. :eek:
they never made a sound........ :)..........too tired from huntin in that heat to care..... :bounce:

GeauxLSU

Now Coon Dawg, ain't there some reg about harrassing wildlife? Shame on you! ::ke: :whip:
Course, sounds like you got harrassed back. :p
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Atlsooner

Coon Dawg.....Are you sure you weren't runnin deer instead of coons? ::ke: Glad the feller made it.

CPiper

COOL!!!!

I bet you was a thinking "aint no one gonna believe this" LOL!!

3 years ago several of us went hunting, seen 0 deer, got back to the trucks, stood around and talked for awhile, loaded up and was leavin when a big ol doe deer ran smack dab into my freind's truck and broke her neck - talk about wild and freaky!! LOL!!

You did try to catch him didnt you? I would have, LOL!!

doc

Atypical

I guess that's one way to get people to pass on 2.5 yr old bucks--Just deform the rack. You're always thinking CD ;)