Alright Nic,,, you win

GA1dad

Your "Happiness Is" thread about catching bream on the Flint had me pulling out my arsenal of fly rods this weekend. Several 5 and 6wt setups,,, including a 5.5 footer. But no dedicated bream setup. So while I was out today I decided to swing by Sportsmans Warehouse and add a 7 foot 3wt to use in my local skinny water trickles. I have a BBQ cookoff this weekend and a graduation party to plan/cook for next weekend. Hoping to have a go after that.

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Gettin ready with beefed up rod storage in the rear passenger area of the 15 footer. At least 4 on each side with one side perfect for flyrods. 5, 3, and 1 weights shown.
Bull Sluice reservoir here I come.
They just don't put enough weeks in the month. Headed to Maryland tomorrow... for a wedding. :mad:

20230512_185210.jpg

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nice setup 1eye but why would you want to go all the way to Maryland just to get married?

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Gettin ready with beefed up rod storage in the rear passenger area of the 15 footer. At least 4 on each side with one side perfect for flyrods. 5, 3, and 1 weights shown.
Bull Sluice reservoir here I come.
They just don't put enough weeks in the month. Headed to Maryland tomorrow... for a wedding. :mad:

View attachment 1227580

Those rodholders look interesting, especially for the flyrods. Tell me more about them, please.

1eyefishing

I just zip tied a couple pieces of that interlocking flooring pad into a couple milk crates and acouple more screwed to my transom.
I can block the crates out at different distances with other milk crates or my cooler...
I put a couple moer edges around the stick-steer boxing fer more versaticity and so my small stuff stays put.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I just zip tied a couple pieces of that interlocking flooring pad into a couple milk crates and acouple more screwed to my transom.
I can block the crates out at different distances with other milk crates or my cooler...
I put a couple moer edges around the stick-steer boxing fer more versaticity and so my small stuff stays put.

Thanks! I have the crates and foam on hand and plan to put one together for my flyrods.

1eyefishing

Flyrods are 'special' when it comes ta rod holders. :bounce: (y)