Altamaha Taco's

Nimrod71

As some have read of my recent fishing trip and my big Channel Cat Fish this may be of interest. I have been having some medical issues and my Doc. said I needed to cut down on the fried meals, cube steak, pork chops, cat fish, chicken and quail. My question was what other way is there to eat fish? Well, I came up with one tonight. My wife's at the farm so I have the house to my own for the weekend. I can cook and mess up just as much as I want.

Now for the cat fish. I was looking at a cook book today and I saw an article about fish taco's. You guessed it, I made fish taco tonight. I had filleted the big cat so I had some good meat to work with. I rinsed the fillets in water, patted them dry and rubbed a little olive oil on them. Next I sprinkled Tony Chachere's Creole seasoning on both sides. I then placed them in Air Fryer and pushed the fish button. While the fish was cooking I got out some taco shells and tortillas. I chopped up some cheese, onion, lettuce, belle pepper, jalapeno pepper and tomato and opened up a can of refried black beans. I warmed the taco shells, tortillas and black beans. When the fish was done I chopped it up.

Now to put it all together. I didn't know which way I would like my new concoction so I started with the corn taco shells first. I placed fish, lettuce, belle & jalapeno pepper, tomato and cheese in the shell and poured Black Bean Salsa on top. It looked good, it tasted good too. However, to my taste something was missing.

Next I took a warm tortilla, these are the big ones, plate size, laid it out and placed a good helping of fish, lettuce, tomato, belle & jalapeno pepper, onion, cheese and refried beans on it. Next I rolled it up poured some Black Bean salsa over it and warmed it in the micro wave. This was it. A new way to eat them big cats. I made a good meal with this an a big glass of sweet Ice Tea.

Next I think I will try this with big Shell Crackers.

Try it ya'll like it, I guarunteee.

Nimrod71

I have been out of the kitchen for a long time. My wife says I make to big a mess and I am not real fast at clean up. Dutch and Ant those plates look really good. Ant, I didn't think of coleslaw, that sounds like a good idea. I have a real purpose for catching big fish now.

Gives a new meaning to Fish & Chips.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Fish tacos are good. Those cats are also good grilled.

dang

DANG !!!
My favorite used to be from taco Mac, if I recall it was fish, cheese, cole slaw, pickled jalapeños, cilantro, lime and an avacado/sour cream creama type thing. I usually make em with fried fish, but ive done it with baked too. This threads making me hungry