Am I understanding correctly?

Israel

BANNED
That there is a yearly resident senior pass (also a Veteran's pass) to Ga state parks that substantially reduce fees inclusive of camping stays?

It also looks like there are some Federal benefits available also in National Parks, anyone who has navigated this also, please be free to comment.

RedHills

Self Banned after losing a Noles bet.
GA State Parks Pass
https://gastateparks.org/ParkPass

GA State Parks Rewards Program
https://gastateparks.org/rewards

National Park Pass - Senior Pass cost has gone up from $10 to $70
https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/senior-pass-changes.htm

NPS went to $80....up $70 in 2017. If ya had a cheap one dont lose the card! You'll be required to repurchase at $80 + $10 so it's $90 online only.

Haha...gonna be eligible in 6 months :)

Just wish FL recognized Seniors at 62!

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
The rewards program gives some free camping. If you are a camper it is a no brainer as it about pays for itself with one trip.

Artfuldodger

I think most of these annual and yearly passes are vehicle passes. In other words it would cover everyone in the vehicle or at least the Pass signee, spouse, children and parents.

The entrance fee costs from one trip out west to a few National Parks would be more than the cost of a Senior discount card. Yellowstone is $35 for 7 days.
Not even considering the camping discounts. Plus Army Corp and other federal campgrounds and parks.

BassRaider

Back when I went to get my free fishing license the officer mentioned the NP pass for $10. Took advantage when in '17 took a mc trip out west and visited many NP's. Also launch my boat at any GA Corp ramp for free. Not a bad deal for $10.

Dreamer69

I have the pass for the Ga state parks. I am not a senior but they do give discounts for seniors. I got the middle package which includes 2 free annual park passes for our vehicles. 3 free nights of camping plus 2 free picnic shelters within the year. Plus every time I go camping I get 10 percent off my campsite. It literally pays for itself. We have used ours to go check out different parks. There are other discounts also that I have not used yet. I think store discounts also at the park.

Israel

BANNED
lots of good info in replies, thank you.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
There is lots of good value in the passes and great places to visit and things to see and do.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I have the pass for the Ga state parks. I am not a senior but they do give discounts for seniors. I got the middle package which includes 2 free annual park passes for our vehicles. 3 free nights of camping plus 2 free picnic shelters within the year. Plus every time I go camping I get 10 percent off my campsite. It literally pays for itself. We have used ours to go check out different parks. There are other discounts also that I have not used yet. I think store discounts also at the park.
This is what I was referring to