Amazon Stick??

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Has there been a thread about amazon fire stick? If not tell me about it, or point me if we have. There is an updated one coming out 5 Apr. Thanks

paulito

We have two fire sticks that we use at the the house. Have worked well for us. The wife has amazon prime so we can watch stuff that way but we mostly stream hulu with live tv through them. Every once in a while we seem to have to "reset" it as it will get lagy but that could just be our wireless too. Nice too because you are not tied to a wall cable jack. We move our tv out onto the porches quite often to enjoy some fresh air and watch the game while doing chores or what not.

For the price you can't beat them i would say.

oops1

Buzzard Expert
We have one on every TV in the house. They’re great if you have good internet service..frustrating with slow service though.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Their a good deal. I've got 2. I think they were $29 each. They're pre-loaded with tons of apps, or if you have subscriptions (like YouTube TV), you can download the app onto the stick very easily. Once you log in to your various accounts (Prime, Netflix, YouTube TV), you're good to go. There are several very good free apps, like PlutoTV, that have live content, sports, and news. Super easy to install, setup and run. Just need a decent internet connection.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
What about the new one coming out? Anything better, more of etc....?

trents99

We have a previous version of the Firestick and several Rokus. Both will do pretty much the same thing with each one having some feature that may matter to you like controlling other devices, sound, etc.

I tend to lean to the Roku because it puts your apps right in front of you when you turn it on. You can customize the order of the apps also. Firestick may have that but I haven't checked into it. Roku also gives you the Roku channel which gives you some free TV shows and movies.

There is a CNET article that breaks down the differences in the two which has some good info.

nickel back

I like mine, its Jailbroke. I have kodi on it, pretty much watch what ever I like. I have to update it about every month though to keep Kodi updated and running smoothly.