Ammo Availability - UPDATES

Status
Not open for further replies.

zedex

Gator Bait
That is what blows my mind about the minimum wage. Cost of living is drastically different depending on the area you are in, yet they standardize it? Makes no sense. Then it isn't meant for folks making a living, it is for kids starting up, college kids learning how to work in the world etc. If you are an adult raising a family, you should be beyond the minimum wage by now. If you are still stuck at minimum wage, there is a problem with either your work ethic or abilities.

Rosewood

Agreed. No one should start a family before earning enough to feed and house said family.
Problem being biological urges, too often, overtake reasoning.
I was 42 when my daughter was born. I'd already established myself and was pulling down good money. Her mother was earning good. Between us, we were doing well. Ain't rich but ain't suffering.
I dont begrudge anyone earning anything, as long as they are earning.

Minimum wage is a starting point, not a goal. But the reality is economic health is decided by cost of living, ei, wages vs debt vs expenditures.

As stated, the USD has more value at print and goes further with the lower cost of living in the states. The CAD is worth a lot less and with high taxation, insurance and cost of living, becomes less valuable.

75 bucks for 20 rounds of ammo is a steep 75 bucks. 83 for the 45-70 is uncalled for.
But, the plan is working.

Increase the cost of the gun with extra taxes and duties, fewer people buy them. Make them expensive to feed, fewer people have ammo. It is a rich mans game here. Much like fishing...... a 30 year old boat still sells for around $20K. Who can afford it?? That certain class.

While many people go out shooting just to shoot, it doesn't happen as much here. I go out to check operation and accuracy before hunting season, fire as few as possible to dial it in. And I don't squeeze the trigger unless I know for sure the target will drop with one shot.

I will say, however, when we had an overabundance of ammo and it was cheap, I loaded up. Always left some behind for others, but I did stock it. Then bought everything for reloading additionally. I'm set for my remaining time here

Thank God I'm not a minimum wage earner

rosewood

So this gun control thing is racist and punishes the poor that can't afford the high prices. We need to use that argument.....

Dub

So this gun control thing is racist and punishes the poor that can't afford the high prices. We need to use that argument.....

Pelosi, Maxine and their crowd all have gated communities, private security, and a walled-off armed Capitol.

The dems push for defunding police, abolishing ICE, re-imagining law enforcement...etc, etc. Yet they want to take down the 2nd Amendment.

I think NOT.

rosewood

Scored 2 boxes of 115 grain federal 9mm at Academy Saturday morning. Picked up 2 boxes of 22 mag Sunday afternoon at same store.

Found Corelokt 270 at Walmart Sunday evening, picked up 4 boxes for a friend in need ($19.83 per box). They didn't limit my qty, I asked and the guy, said he didn't know and I could buy all I wanted. They also had few boxes of the same in .243. Seems like I saw 2 100rnd box of 20 gauge and a box of 28 gauge there also.

Gotta shop when you are out, they are showing up randomly at most places. The big box stores are not jacking the prices up like the local gun stores are either.

Rosewood

rosewood

Pelosi, Maxine and their crowd all have gated communities, private security, and a walled-off armed Capitol.

The dems push for defunding police, abolishing ICE, re-imagining law enforcement...etc, etc. Yet they want to take down the 2nd Amendment.

I think NOT.

You have me thinking. You reckon the point is if they disarm all those that are not under federal control (i.e. Citizens and local LEOs), then it will be easier to take control with the military and or federal LEO that they do control? Are they planning something or they just stoopid?

However, I think they truely ticked the military off with that debacle in DC with the national guard. They may not have the control they think they have. I would like to ask someone like Pelosi what her plan is on national TV.

Rosewood

Reactions: Dub

bullgator

The big box stores are not jacking the prices up like the local gun stores are either.

Rosewood
I had this discussion with a friend the other day. He wondered who was jacking up the prices, manufacturers, distributors, or retailers?. He said manufacturers like Hornady said they’ve only increased prices 3%, which is less than $.50 on a box of $15 9mm ammo. My thought was that it was mostly distributors and a little with retailers. I also think places like Academy and Rural King are selling at near normal prices probably due to long term purchasing/pricing contracts already in place before the panic.

Hillbilly stalker

I scored 3 boxes of 12 gauge #6 shot yesterday at a out of town Wal-Mart. $6 a box. I use them , but their not my 1st choice. They are low brass....but it sure beats No brass. I’m completely out or I would have let them sit. Academy told me theirs lasted less than 5 minutes on the shelf.

rosewood

I had this discussion with a friend the other day. He wondered who was jacking up the prices, manufacturers, distributors, or retailers?. He said manufacturers like Hornady said they’ve only increased prices 3%, which is less than $.50 on a box of $15 9mm ammo. My thought was that it was mostly distributors and a little with retailers. I also think places like Academy and Rural King are selling at near normal prices probably due to long term purchasing/pricing contracts already in place before the panic.
Academy has gone up on prices, but nothing like other places. I would say for what they have in stock, they have gone up maybe 25% on most ammunition related things. Some stores have gone up 400% or more.

Rosewood

bullgator

Academy has gone up on prices, but nothing like other places. I would say for what they have in stock, they have gone up maybe 25% on most ammunition related things. Some stores have gone up 400% or more.

Rosewood
Exactly, and it would be easy to see that 25% being tied into a contractual fluctuations condition more so than a retail gouging. If they were serious about price gouging they would be selling in the same ballpark as the rest.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Sportsman's Guide is offering S&B 9mm for $.92 a round today for non members if anyone needed to know:cool:

FlipKing

I have been for a while because it is true.

FlipKing

Got 200 rds of 9mm from Academy today for $70. They got 200rd boxes of 5.56 for $120.

WishboneW

I would think that the exceedingly high price of fuel is a factor in the price increase. Place I buy tractor parts from told me last week pricing will increase 30% this week. I suspect most of that is due to delivery costs

Wood999

Augusta Academy had 100 round 22 Winchesters for $12.99. They also has some 308 and Buck Shot. ** was 6.99.

Limit was 2 boxes per person, unless I got an Academy Credit Card and used it on the purchase, then I could get four boxes. Something did not seen right about that since I have spent a lot of money in their stores over the years.

Ray357

AWOL
Augusta Academy had 100 round 22 Winchesters for $12.99. They also has some 308 and Buck Shot. ** was 6.99.

Limit was 2 boxes per person, unless I got an Academy Credit Card and used it on the purchase, then I could get four boxes. Something did not seen right about that since I have spent a lot of money in their stores over the years.
Manager probably got jacked up by corporate about his store not signing up enough peeps for credit cards. Bet that scheme will get his numbers up.

dick7.62

Update on OpticsandAmmo: I first mentioned this on page 13, post 242 of ammo availability. The owner, Christopher Eustice, was arrested and released on bond. His bond was revoked this week for violating the terms of his bond(he continued to scam people). There are multiple warrants on him. If anyone was scammed by him they need to contact the Houston Tex.(Harris County) DA and add to his charges. There may be thousands of cases. I almost got hooked by his scam but he didn't have a card system(no one would handle it because of all the chargebacks).

Status
Not open for further replies.