Ammo in stock academy.

I went in the Macon Academy this evening after work..for a jump rope.! Checked the ammo aisle & behind the counter. Nada..NOTHING other than birdshot & 6.5 Creedmoor 🥴 Guys behind the counter said they are getting it....but the same cast of characters are there at 6-7am(before doors open) EVERY day they get ammo shipments & they bring 2-3 with them to each buy their limits. They said they had a PALLET of 5.56 recently & by 2pm...it was GONE. I guess the working man doesn’t stand a chance these days! Good luck👍

Thread starter #42

rosewood

Macon Academy. I was there today and let me tell you I was surprised. They didn't have hardly any ammo and very few guns. They did have shotgun shells, no buckshot. Very few pistols and rifles. But what was a bigger surprise was the clothing inventory. I bit they didn't have half of what they normally have and Christmas is not far off.
Last time I went, that ammo I saw was all gone. Guess they sold a bunch of guns since or they decided to sell it without a gun purchase one.

killerv

I went in the Macon Academy this evening after work..for a jump rope.! Checked the ammo aisle & behind the counter. Nada..NOTHING other than birdshot & 6.5 Creedmoor 🥴 Guys behind the counter said they are getting it....but the same cast of characters are there at 6-7am(before doors open) EVERY day they get ammo shipments & they bring 2-3 with them to each buy their limits. They said they had a PALLET of 5.56 recently & by 2pm...it was GONE. I guess the working man doesn’t stand a chance these days! Good luck👍

macon academy has already started banning a few of them. I know of at least one personally. Whatever...I know I drove by there when I had Columbus day off and the lines was wrapped all the way around to the side, just folks standing or sitting in foldout chairs waiting on ammo.

flynlow

Student at the Hard Knock School of Aerodynamics
Forget Academy. Macon has plenty other places around. Try Firearms Traders on Pio Nono, Howard's, Classic Firearms, or ride down to WR to Clyde's, Chuck's, Centerville G&P. I've had very good success in all of these compared to the hoarders and gougers at Academy. If you're up for a road trip, I've also had very good success at Ga Arms in Villa Rica when I've made trips to Carrollton.

Thread starter #46

rosewood

Yeah, but many of those guns stores have jacked up their prices on the ammo they have in stock. Academy is still selling at normal prices, but those scalpers are buying it all up.

Rosewood

Thread starter #47

rosewood

Midsouth offered a 500 rd case of Frontier XM193 with 10 mag for $429.99 yesterday while supplies lasted
Dangit, hate I missed that great deal!!

flynlow

Yeah, but many of those guns stores have jacked up their prices on the ammo they have in stock. Academy is still selling at normal prices, but those scalpers are buying it all up.

Rosewood
The only places I've seen jack up the prices any more than anywhere else for these times are pawn shops and individuals looking to make a profit. Sure Academy may be a few cents lower, but if they don't have it (as is mostly the case) or if you gotta go get in line at 6am for 2 boxes then I'd say it's money well spent.

Thread starter #49

rosewood

The only places I've seen jack up the prices any more than anywhere else for these times are pawn shops and individuals looking to make a profit. Sure Academy may be a few cents lower, but if they don't have it (as is mostly the case) or if you gotta go get in line at 6am for 2 boxes then I'd say it's money well spent.
You haven't looked at Classic have you? They were selling 50 rounds of 9mm for $30-40 a box for FMJ.

flynlow

You haven't looked at Classic have you? They were selling 50 rounds of 9mm for $30-40 a box for FMJ.
No, I haven't been to Classic in a while but I still wouldn't wait in line at Academy to not get any at all or to save a few pennies but I'd have to be pretty desperate either way which I am not thankfully.

Thread starter #51

rosewood

No, I haven't been to Classic in a while but I still wouldn't wait in line at Academy to not get any at all or to save a few pennies but I'd have to be pretty desperate either way which I am not thankfully.
I agree with you.

killerv

Classic is a trip, commercials say they have the best prices in town. I've never ever seen that be the case. False advertising at its best. Oh the stories I have heard from ex employees and serious gun collectors...I'll leave it at that.

I've never been able to buy anything from firearms traders...I was actually looking for a ruger american compact 22 a couple of weeks ago, well...he had one. Marked 339, a little high, but I'm aware of covid prices. That gun was 250-275 pre covid. Anyway, I asked politely what he could do on it and he said 350. Me and anyone else would assume that meant otd...which I was willing to do. Then he said plus tax...it was laughable at that point and he claims someone must have mismarked it after I showed him the tag marked 339. I've been in there twice where him and employees/customers were talking filthy, this also happened the other day...not that I haven't let one slip...but I certainly know to turn it off at a place of business or work. That always bothered me and a place I can't take my kids will not see any of my money.

flynlow

Some people get treated differently I suppose. I've had good success dealing with Buddy at CF for a couple guns in the past and Harry at FT for guns, ammo, and gunsmithing. Harry can be rough around the edges but it's his place so it don't bother me but I can understand how some would be turned off by his style.

Thread starter #54

rosewood

Some people get treated differently I suppose. I've had good success dealing with Buddy at CF for a couple guns in the past and Harry at FT for guns, ammo, and gunsmithing. Harry can be rough around the edges but it's his place so it don't bother me but I can understand how some would be turned off by his style.
No doubt Harry lets some words slip. I don't like it either, but he has always treated me good and has given me some good deals. Does an easy transfer when I purchase online also. $25 transfer fee and in and out in 15 minutes.

Classic sells the same guns at gun shows for $100 less than marked in the store. You have to ask for a better price. When they have sales going on, I have gotten some excellent deals. They will charge you full marked price if you don't ask for a better price. My neighbor paid probably $70 more than he should when buying a shield from the. Now with the pandemic, I doubt they will knock anything off the price. No doubt Buddy is a business man.

Rosewood

flynlow

No doubt Harry lets some words slip. I don't like it either, but he has always treated me good and has given me some good deals. Does an easy transfer when I purchase online also. $25 transfer fee and in and out in 15 minutes.

Classic sells the same guns at gun shows for $100 less than marked in the store. You have to ask for a better price. When they have sales going on, I have gotten some excellent deals. They will charge you full marked price if you don't ask for a better price. My neighbor paid probably $70 more than he should when buying a shield from the. Now with the pandemic, I doubt they will knock anything off the price. No doubt Buddy is a business man.

Rosewood
Ironic you mention better price from Classic at shows...I think that's the only time I've bought anything from him although I frequent the store when I'm up that way. Back when the Sheild EZ first came out they were selling them for $259+tax. I was thinking about getting one for the wife but she wasn't sold on it then so I passed. My bad.

Now she wants one so either she's gotta pony up and pay panic price or wait it out :huh:. Meanwhile she's still carrying that .38 special she's so good with :bounce: