Ammo in stock academy.

rosewood

The only places I've seen jack up the prices any more than anywhere else for these times are pawn shops and individuals looking to make a profit. Sure Academy may be a few cents lower, but if they don't have it (as is mostly the case) or if you gotta go get in line at 6am for 2 boxes then I'd say it's money well spent.
You haven't looked at Classic have you? They were selling 50 rounds of 9mm for $30-40 a box for FMJ.

rosewood

No, I haven't been to Classic in a while but I still wouldn't wait in line at Academy to not get any at all or to save a few pennies but I'd have to be pretty desperate either way which I am not thankfully.
I agree with you.

killerv

You haven't looked at Classic have you? They were selling 50 rounds of 9mm for $30-40 a box for FMJ.

Classic is a trip, commercials say they have the best prices in town. I've never ever seen that be the case. False advertising at its best. Oh the stories I have heard from ex employees and serious gun collectors...I'll leave it at that.

I've never been able to buy anything from firearms traders...I was actually looking for a ruger american compact 22 a couple of weeks ago, well...he had one. Marked 339, a little high, but I'm aware of covid prices. That gun was 250-275 pre covid. Anyway, I asked politely what he could do on it and he said 350. Me and anyone else would assume that meant otd...which I was willing to do. Then he said plus tax...it was laughable at that point and he claims someone must have mismarked it after I showed him the tag marked 339. I've been in there twice where him and employees/customers were talking filthy, this also happened the other day...not that I haven't let one slip...but I certainly know to turn it off at a place of business or work. That always bothered me and a place I can't take my kids will not see any of my money.

rosewood

Some people get treated differently I suppose. I've had good success dealing with Buddy at CF for a couple guns in the past and Harry at FT for guns, ammo, and gunsmithing. Harry can be rough around the edges but it's his place so it don't bother me but I can understand how some would be turned off by his style.

No doubt Harry lets some words slip. I don't like it either, but he has always treated me good and has given me some good deals. Does an easy transfer when I purchase online also. $25 transfer fee and in and out in 15 minutes.

Classic sells the same guns at gun shows for $100 less than marked in the store. You have to ask for a better price. When they have sales going on, I have gotten some excellent deals. They will charge you full marked price if you don't ask for a better price. My neighbor paid probably $70 more than he should when buying a shield from the. Now with the pandemic, I doubt they will knock anything off the price. No doubt Buddy is a business man.

Rosewood