Ammo

Thread starter #1

bacon6

Any one know of any place with any ammo right now I’m putting together a new rifle in 6.5 creedmoor but can’t find any ammo anywhere

Liberty

You can find a few bullets online, but I don’t see much loaded ammunition.

Fletch_W

Any one know of any place with any ammo right now I’m putting together a new rifle in 6.5 creedmoor but can’t find any ammo anywhere
Call your local Academy, ask for the gun counter, they'll tell you what and when things will show up (online won't tell you) then you get there early at that day and time like you are in line for hot concert tickets. There will be others there too... don't be late!

flynlow

Student at the Hard Knock School of Aerodynamics
Call your local Academy, ask for the gun counter, they'll tell you what and when things will show up (online won't tell you) then you get there early at that day and time like you are in line for hot concert tickets. There will be others there too... don't be late!
I wouldn't waste my time unless I was desperate for anything. There's no guarantee of anything showing up on delivery day and the store clerks have no idea of what's coming or not so don't bother asking what they are getting. They might tell you when they get deliveries (M, W, F) for example, but again no guarantee of anything. Even if they do get something, it was a 3 box limit last time I was there which is better than nothing but when it's only 20 rnds/box and standing in line for an hour or better on a gamble just don't cut it with me. I've had much better luck at the mom and pop LGS and pawn shops. They will tell you over the phone if they have what you're looking for so don't think you'll have to drive around all day or stand in line for it either. Good luck

Just to kill time, I did an internet search for .243 the other night. Over a dozen normally reliable sites/companies had none--I'm talking nada, zilch, zero, nothing. Finally found some at Sportsman Warehouse in Chat, TN, but you had to pick-up at store. No doubt there is an ammunition shortage.