An evening outing

ASH556

I enjoyed my Fathers' Day Evening with a few hours at the neighborhood pond. I took two rods, both spinning outfits. One a Shimano Stradic FK 2500 spooled with 8lb Seguar Mono with a Rapala F07 in Brook Trout and the other a Shimano Nasci 2500 spooled with 20lb PowerPro + an 8lb Fluoro leader set up with a drop shot rig. I started the drop shot with a Zoom Tiny Fluke in Baby Bass and swapped to a Fruity worm (Lanier something) when the Fluke died.

I enjoyed a number of blowups on the Rapala just letting it sit, and it some cases, as soon as it hit the water. I probably lost 3-4 fish on each bait, but ended up bringing 11 to hand. Coppernoggins are still on their beds and were fun to play with. Only landed one though. The rest were Bass with the largest going just over a pound.

I am continually amazed at the variety of fish we have in this pond. I've caught Redbreast, Bluegill, Coppernose, Shellcracker, Largemouth, and Channel Cat.

Looking at some of the pics below, I'm wondering if there are not some Redeye Bass as well. Hope you enjoy!

Q3ntvMOl.jpg

Z37QLCCl.jpg

JrMbwugl.jpg

Fip7QrHl.jpg

GRq2GDbl.jpg

QJ0SV94l.jpg

5RKwiwdl.jpg

CSybu4pl.jpg

usdsSntl.jpg

Yr1bbF5l.jpg

AD98il9l.jpg

Coenen

Take a fly-rod an some popping bugs out there! Endless fun.

Coenen

Flat out one of my favorite ways to catch fish right there.