An Ooops prayer by Ralph Harris

StriperAddict

How poignant ...
===============
_gCqLcDxHFUAQyijDRNwBgDuy-W8cgiyzRv01YB3iIDsJnz4XaHrI5VxiS23T7dSCkYS2S-jAC-K6mNfNTK6QZxaCLUFO4_osSNXNZByUOkSBOFFD0c95sG3h2Jmhm3fVJ_SSZxwbBiuS2gHwrVppRR-XBU5Ifw=s0-d-e1-ft

Oops. It occurred to me this morning that I have not prayed very well lately—for our government and its leaders, and for the media that facilitates their communication. There are no shortages of “talking heads”, that’s for sure, but my head hasn’t been talking with God about them lately. And I’ve pretty much left out a lot of other people, too. So. I’ve written out what I talked out with Jesus. It’s unedited, so pardon me for all kinds of stuff.
“Father, I’ve let my mind be a chaotic playground for the cares and fears of this world. Thank you for making me aware that I miss talking with you about this crazy world. Without our conversations, their struggles have felt like a beating given to me, rather than an avenue by which you reveal yourself in me given for them.
“So what are your thoughts, what are your feelings for them today, Lord? I know you love to share those with me. We do well together, so let's.
“I pray for our President. Would you impress upon him your nearness, your ability, your care, your love, both for him and for those around him? Would you buoy and strengthen his heart with what you think about him, and deliver him from any deception to the contrary? Would you reveal what’s happening and what’s true in the invisible, eternal realm, so he will not be enslaved by the limitations of the visible, passing away realm? Would you enable him to direct from what’s truly true—right from the heart of the One who is the way, truth and life? And would you keep him well, revealing to him that you are his source for that?
“I pray for his advisors—Pence, Fauci, Birx, Mnuchin, Adams, et al—that you would open their hearts, their inside rooms, to you and to each other, that unity by the Spirit would lead and govern their approach? I cannot imagine the contrary and burdensome thoughts they must surely endure. Terrifying! So would you fend off the Accuser, deliver them from fear, and give them the affection and knowledge of Christ in their hearts, so they will be able to discern what is best and be filled with the fruit of righteousness? And would you impress upon them the beauty and power of your love and grace—for them and their families—identifying yourself as perfectly capable and desirable in the best and worst of times?
“I pray for our local leaders—governors, mayors, House and Senate representatives, etc.—would you make this virus storm their boat-on-the-Sea-of-Galilee event? In their fear, confusion, and anger, would you get their attention and calm the storm in a way that they know who did it? Wouldn’t that be great, Lord? I would love it if you would prove yourself like that to our storm navigators, impressing upon each of them your loving ability for everyone? They would be freed from the punishing demands of perfect decision making, and be encouraged to become receivers of your life and leading. How good would that be, Jesus?
“I pray for the media types—everybody that collects information, and who compiles it with the intent of delivering it to viewers and readers. Would you speak to their hearts and minds in a way that points out their need and design for you? Since they are not satisfied by what they see and find in this world, would you interrupt their determined task and meet them in a way that satisfies them with you? Finding you, knowing you, will enhance everything they seek, everything they find, and everything they treasure. What a great thing that would be. What a difference that would make—for them and for us. Will you do that, Lord?
“And I pray for everyone else, as much as I can—doctors, nurses, healthcare providers, technicians, food services workers, truckers, farmers, field and plant workers, chefs, servers, construction workers, business owners, landlords and renters, realtors and salespeople, journalists, lawyers and office personnel, school teachers, administrators and students, and the many substitutes (including moms and dads) filling in across our nation and world—would you gather their attention, one after another, and impress upon them who you are for them, the God of all comfort and counsel, who broke through and joined us 2,000 years ago, taking our humanity upon himself, not to condemn or to accuse, but to save and encourage, to give life and grace, peace and security, knowing this world has none of that for them? Wouldn’t that be good, my Lord Jesus?
“And I know you’re able to do far more than I can ask or imagine, so would you do everything I’ve left out? You know how you are—perfect for us, perfect toward us, and perfect with us. That would be great.
“Well, that’s it, Father. That’s what’s in my heart with you today . . . so far. And please interrupt me anytime you like. I love sharing everything with you. Everything. Amen. Your boy, Ralph."

- Ralph Harris

mcbigg1

How poignant ...
===============
_gCqLcDxHFUAQyijDRNwBgDuy-W8cgiyzRv01YB3iIDsJnz4XaHrI5VxiS23T7dSCkYS2S-jAC-K6mNfNTK6QZxaCLUFO4_osSNXNZByUOkSBOFFD0c95sG3h2Jmhm3fVJ_SSZxwbBiuS2gHwrVppRR-XBU5Ifw=s0-d-e1-ft

Oops. It occurred to me this morning that I have not prayed very well lately—for our government and its leaders, and for the media that facilitates their communication. There are no shortages of “talking heads”, that’s for sure, but my head hasn’t been talking with God about them lately. And I’ve pretty much left out a lot of other people, too. So. I’ve written out what I talked out with Jesus. It’s unedited, so pardon me for all kinds of stuff.
“Father, I’ve let my mind be a chaotic playground for the cares and fears of this world. Thank you for making me aware that I miss talking with you about this crazy world. Without our conversations, their struggles have felt like a beating given to me, rather than an avenue by which you reveal yourself in me given for them.
“So what are your thoughts, what are your feelings for them today, Lord? I know you love to share those with me. We do well together, so let's.
“I pray for our President. Would you impress upon him your nearness, your ability, your care, your love, both for him and for those around him? Would you buoy and strengthen his heart with what you think about him, and deliver him from any deception to the contrary? Would you reveal what’s happening and what’s true in the invisible, eternal realm, so he will not be enslaved by the limitations of the visible, passing away realm? Would you enable him to direct from what’s truly true—right from the heart of the One who is the way, truth and life? And would you keep him well, revealing to him that you are his source for that?
“I pray for his advisors—Pence, Fauci, Birx, Mnuchin, Adams, et al—that you would open their hearts, their inside rooms, to you and to each other, that unity by the Spirit would lead and govern their approach? I cannot imagine the contrary and burdensome thoughts they must surely endure. Terrifying! So would you fend off the Accuser, deliver them from fear, and give them the affection and knowledge of Christ in their hearts, so they will be able to discern what is best and be filled with the fruit of righteousness? And would you impress upon them the beauty and power of your love and grace—for them and their families—identifying yourself as perfectly capable and desirable in the best and worst of times?
“I pray for our local leaders—governors, mayors, House and Senate representatives, etc.—would you make this virus storm their boat-on-the-Sea-of-Galilee event? In their fear, confusion, and anger, would you get their attention and calm the storm in a way that they know who did it? Wouldn’t that be great, Lord? I would love it if you would prove yourself like that to our storm navigators, impressing upon each of them your loving ability for everyone? They would be freed from the punishing demands of perfect decision making, and be encouraged to become receivers of your life and leading. How good would that be, Jesus?
“I pray for the media types—everybody that collects information, and who compiles it with the intent of delivering it to viewers and readers. Would you speak to their hearts and minds in a way that points out their need and design for you? Since they are not satisfied by what they see and find in this world, would you interrupt their determined task and meet them in a way that satisfies them with you? Finding you, knowing you, will enhance everything they seek, everything they find, and everything they treasure. What a great thing that would be. What a difference that would make—for them and for us. Will you do that, Lord?
“And I pray for everyone else, as much as I can—doctors, nurses, healthcare providers, technicians, food services workers, truckers, farmers, field and plant workers, chefs, servers, construction workers, business owners, landlords and renters, realtors and salespeople, journalists, lawyers and office personnel, school teachers, administrators and students, and the many substitutes (including moms and dads) filling in across our nation and world—would you gather their attention, one after another, and impress upon them who you are for them, the God of all comfort and counsel, who broke through and joined us 2,000 years ago, taking our humanity upon himself, not to condemn or to accuse, but to save and encourage, to give life and grace, peace and security, knowing this world has none of that for them? Wouldn’t that be good, my Lord Jesus?
“And I know you’re able to do far more than I can ask or imagine, so would you do everything I’ve left out? You know how you are—perfect for us, perfect toward us, and perfect with us. That would be great.
“Well, that’s it, Father. That’s what’s in my heart with you today . . . so far. And please interrupt me anytime you like. I love sharing everything with you. Everything. Amen. Your boy, Ralph."

- Ralph Harris