And So It Begins

slow motion

Heading to Southern Illinois for my first out of state whitetail hunt. I had decided to try something different this year. Originally thought I would try South Texas and started a thread looking for advice. Before I found what I was looking for and opportunity came available in the leases section here in the here in the forum. By the time I responded all spots were filled. Oh well I'll keep looking. Still wasn't sure what I was looking for anyway dumb luck and no small amount of poor judgment on their part I got a message that a membership had opened up. 13 members on a 1600 Acre Farm. Still haven't met everybody but we have a group text and most days somebody will post pics from their cell camera. Seems like a really good group and I believe they all are supportive and Hope that we all succeed. The goal of the group is to harvest five or older and 150 in Deer. They're doing their best to educate me on field judging as I have never seen a hundred fifty inch deer on the hoof you are most likely of five plus year old. A bit apprehensive but I've been assured that if I'm happy with the buck I shoot they'll be happy too. We've had a few work days but there's still a little to do hanging safety ropes and such. I'm still about an hour south of Nashville what should be in Illinois in a bit. Archery season opens on Saturday so wish us all luck. Members are all scattered all around the southeast but besides myself there are four other form members @Jim Thompson , @bubbabuck , @jcooley380 , and @bilgerat

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Gonna be a good season Dale. Just gotta take it all in and have a good time. This farm is new to us all, but it's definitely a classic southern IL\Midwest property and should hunt great!

Probably won't see a deer, but it'll be a blast either way!

Jim Boyd

Good luck @slow motion !!!

I am stoked for you brother!!!

Enjoy the moments. New types of trees. Honey locust - yikes! Sitting in stand as sun comes up and you know you are in the land of the giants. Listening to a combine shelling corn the next farm over.

Inhale it in brother!

you deserve it.

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Heading to Southern Illinois for my first out of state whitetail hunt. I had decided to try something different this year. Originally thought I would try South Texas and started a thread looking for advice. Before I found what I was looking for and opportunity came available in the leases section here in the here in the forum. By the time I responded all spots were filled. Oh well I'll keep looking. Still wasn't sure what I was looking for anyway dumb luck and no small amount of poor judgment on their part I got a message that a membership had opened up. 13 members on a 1600 Acre Farm. Still haven't met everybody but we have a group text and most days somebody will post pics from their cell camera. Seems like a really good group and I believe they all are supportive and Hope that we all succeed. The goal of the group is to harvest five or older and 150 in Deer. They're doing their best to educate me on field judging as I have never seen a hundred fifty inch deer on the hoof you are most likely of five plus year old. A bit apprehensive but I've been assured that if I'm happy with the buck I shoot they'll be happy too. We've had a few work days but there's still a little to do hanging safety ropes and such. I'm still about an hour south of Nashville what should be in Illinois in a bit. Archery season opens on Saturday so wish us all luck. Members are all scattered all around the southeast but besides myself there are four other form members @Jim Thompson , @bubbabuck , @jcooley380 , and @bilgerat
Good luck!! Keep us posted!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Envy is a bad thing but I don't care. Wish I was you! Hope you stick a biggun!

Meriwether Mike

Good luck on your new lease. If a buck steps out and you have to think about him being big enough he probably is not big enough. If he steps out and you go "WOW" shoot that one. ;)

slow motion

Thanks everybody. We got some safety lines up and I saw more of the property. Feels good to be here. Gonna grab a bite and have a cold beverage.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Thanks everybody. We got some safety lines up and I saw more of the property. Feels good to be here. Gonna grab a bite and have a cold beverage.

Cold beverage here too, altho I've been at work all day 70 miles east of you :cry:.

Have a blast tomorrow man! I'll be there late tomorrow or Sunday for sure. Course I'll be in a tree unless you need me to drag or track.

uturn

Weathers right!

Love a storm pullin for hundreds of miles…got back Saturday from about 30 minutes North of you guys…good luck and enjoy!

Think I’ll be back round the 5th of November.

Ya‘ll kill somethin!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

WOOHOO! I am so excited for you Slow! I’ve only been to what I call “Deer camp”, maybe half a dozen times in my life. I know how super excited I am about my annual trip to KY, so you must be super stoked! And with JT’s gang? Maybe a prayer was answered putting this one together too!
:cheers: