Android Google Chrome Ads, how do i stop them?

j_seph

I have them blocked on computer but for the life of me cannot on phone. It is a Note 9, the ads are killing me when service is sparse.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Please don't think I am trying to be smart, but have you Googled for a suggestion? The reason I ask, is, when I do a search on how to block them, I get a lot of different ways to do so. Check this link and try one of the suggestions. If you find one that works, post up what worked for you. Again, not trying to be smart. There are just too many suggestions to choose from.

Also, you may want to do a complete hard reset of your phone and remove all unnecessary apps that are on there. Some of the junk that comes on them is totally worthless. But of course, be sure you know what you're removing before doing so.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Wiper work great on Apple products I use, may be worth look for your machine.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I use this particular Ad blocker on my desktop. https://getadblock.com There are a few similar others, but this one has been around a long time and I have used it with great results. Plus, you can tweak the settings to work even better for you. It works for Android too, if interested.

Heathern

BANNED
1) Uninstall Google Chrome. Never use it again.

2) Install Firefox

3) Install AdBlock (or one of myriad other adblockers out there) Firefox itself will not give you ads, but websites that you visit will. An adblocker will take care of that.

4) Never use Google as a search engine, except as a last resort, when no other search engine gives you what you are looking for. DuckDuckGo is a good one, that isn't from an anti-gun liberal behemoth that is trying to both crawl up your butt, and be in your face (Google).

I just cannot stop shaking my head when I read about conservative gun owners using Google anything, when there are other choices. Of course, if you own a smartphone, you cannot avoid Google entirely, but it is very, very easy to get around using it directly.

Google is a disgusting, evil company, and most definitely our enemy. I try to not give quarter to the enemy. By simply using Gmail, Chrome, or Google search, you are directly giving money to the enemy.

Oh, and Google is not a common verb. The generic word for doing and internet search is not "Google it".

Cmp1

BANNED
I agree with everything you say except the use of Firefox. They are as anti-free of a platform as Google. Maybe there's been backlash and they've changed their stance, but they jumped on the "fake news" website blacklist bandwagon back in 2016. They even forced out one of their CEOs circa 2014 for taking a traditional Christian position on marriage during all of that Prop 8 nonsense.
Duck Duck Go,,,,agreed about Firefox,,,,