Another auction

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
There is another auction, this sat in Lavonia. They usually have one a couple of weeks after the young farmers.
Anyway I think the name is Swain Lecroy, guessing they have a web site.

Did a walk through today, saw the elusive 4 ft bush hog. and a about new small massey Ferg with the front end loader, it was the little larger than a lawn mower size.

A El camino and a 56?? chevy along with the farm stuff

Kdog

Anyone know how much do those dump trailers normally go for?

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon
Anyone know how much do those dump trailers normally go for?
Guy that went told me they were 8-9K. Said everything was going high

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Guy that went told me they were 8-9K. Said everything was going high

you can buy new for 9k. The best looking one there, but the hydraulics didn't work went for 7250. I felt like 5500 would have been a high price for it. I left when I saw that. I knew I wasn't going to buy anything yesterday.

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
I used to attend a dozen auctions a year and do ok most of the time.
I only go to 3-4 nowadays. Recently it seems a lot of the stuff is either used up or selling for retail. If I am going to pay retail I will buy at a dealership with warranty.

leroy

you can buy new for 9k. The best looking one there, but the hydraulics didn't work went for 7250. I felt like 5500 would have been a high price for it. I left when I saw that. I knew I wasn't going to buy anything yesterday.

Seems like those sales are usually like that I believe they have someone out there to buy anything that would be a deal then take it to the next one

buckmanmike

leroy I agree to a point. If the seller is the buyer, they would pay the premium charged at each auction. Not much profit in that.
They would move the equipment to a differenet area were product is in demand.

leroy

leroy I agree to a point. If the seller is the buyer, they would pay the premium charged at each auction. Not much profit in that.
They would move the equipment to a differenet area were product is in demand.

If the auctioneer which is the one putting on these sales has someone in the crowd I doubt they are paying any commissions on those buys. He puts on sales all over, I figure if there is a deal and looks like money could be made he scoops it up.

sleepr71

When Dealers got involved..then Auctioneers started charging a “Buyers Premium”…usually 10% of the final price…that ended it for me. May as well buy new…?

ucfireman

Everything I was interested in you could buy new for what it brought at the auction!
Thats what I usually see too.

You're bidding against the house in the greatest majority of auctions
I have seen numerous times the man taking bids, bid too. May be buying for himself but really doubt it. Either bidding up the price or buying for the auction.
If the auction buys it I'm sure they will flip it somewhere else.