Another BIG Lanier bass

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
This time of the spotted variety! If anyone remembers an older post I put of a 5+lb largemouth I caught on Lanier, I caught my PB spotted Bass to match last weekend! She went 5.35lbs and was safely released. She fought HARD on the same little medium light spinning rod and 6lb test line I caught the largemouth on. The bite was pretty good but not insane. Saw schooling fish swimming by and caught plenty of bass, both largemouth and spots all day long at every one of my spots I went to. And what's better, I did it all from the bank! Does anyone else think the largies are making a comeback on Lanier? I catch them big and small pretty regularly lately, at least 2 or 3 every trip but I remember there being 90% spotted Bass most of the time. Now it's about 70% spots, 30% largemouth for me. Can't wait for the fall when I can catch my first Lanier striper and possibly even beat this trophy spot with a 6 or 7lber!

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_134811.jpg
    IMG_20190804_134811.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 149

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Another pic. Other pictures showing size of the fish next to the rod for perspective wouldn't load. I also caught a 5lb largemouth earlier that day on a buzzbait at a small lake before going to Lanier, putting me at 29 bass over 5lbs for the 2019 season so far. No 10lber yet, but plenty of 6,7, and 8lb class fish. I NEED to catch a DD before the year is out but we'll see how that goes!

Attachments

• IMG_20190804_134800.jpg
    IMG_20190804_134800.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 52

Coenen

Solid. What were you throwing?

JakkBauer

This time of the spotted variety! If anyone remembers an older post I put of a 5+lb largemouth I caught on Lanier, I caught my PB spotted Bass to match last weekend! She went 5.35lbs and was safely released. She fought HARD on the same little medium light spinning rod and 6lb test line I caught the largemouth on. The bite was pretty good but not insane. Saw schooling fish swimming by and caught plenty of bass, both largemouth and spots all day long at every one of my spots I went to. And what's better, I did it all from the bank! Does anyone else think the largies are making a comeback on Lanier? I catch them big and small pretty regularly lately, at least 2 or 3 every trip but I remember there being 90% spotted Bass most of the time. Now it's about 70% spots, 30% largemouth for me. Can't wait for the fall when I can catch my first Lanier striper and possibly even beat this trophy spot with a 6 or 7lber!
how do you like those tozo earbuds? mine are working out well. sick fish too!

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
how do you like those tozo earbuds? mine are working out well. sick fish too!
Pretty good! I love mine. I wish the batteries lasted longer but they don't take long to charge and they last at least 2-3 hours at a time so not too many complaints! Good sound quality too. Best thing about it though is there's no wire to get in the way of fishing. Messing up a cast because of your earbud wires used to suck

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Solid. What were you throwing?
A combination of things. I caught some 3 and 4lbers along with the 5lb largemouth on a clacking buzzbait, a flick shake rig with a senko (wacky jig) and a spook Jr. Lanier is mostly a finesse lake so I was fishing shaky heads, drop shot, ned rig and a flick shake with a finesse worm instead of a senko.

JakkBauer

Pretty good! I love mine. I wish the batteries lasted longer but they don't take long to charge and they last at least 2-3 hours at a time so not too many complaints! Good sound quality too. Best thing about it though is there's no wire to get in the way of fishing. Messing up a cast because of your earbud wires used to suck
yeah man i snap off normal wired earbuds when im working and they get caught on something haha. i have been liking them and they are waterproof too so that is definitely a plus

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
yeah man i snap off normal wired earbuds when im working and they get caught on something haha. i have been liking them and they are waterproof too so that is definitely a plus
I just hope that they float. Been meaning to test the waterproofing

hopper

Nice Large mouth. Not sure if they are making a comeback or not, but it would be nice. North or south end?

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Super nice fish J! Man I didn’t get a bite yesterday.....on the toona
I do pretty well at Allatoona from the bank but I don't have a ton of experience out there. Only started fishing there this year. Very different lake from others I've fished

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Nice Large mouth. Not sure if they are making a comeback or not, but it would be nice. North or south end?
Both ends of the lake really. The key thing seems to be understanding both species and how to apply different techniques to accommodate both. Not going to say I'm catching big largemouth every trip, but they have been averaging 1-4lbs. Sometimes I see the occasional monster though. That Magnum spotted Bass I caught had 3 fish following her even BIGGER than she was and one REALLY looked like a 6lb largemouth but who knows, could've all been spots as well.

Jsto69

Wow those are some serious catches! I had recently made a post in the forums about bank fishing in gwinnnet county and a gentleman directed me to your thread, and after reading it it seems like I could probably ask my question(s) here. I see you highlighted that theres great spots on both sides of the lake, my buddy and I after doing some research are considering doing a day or 2 trip at the shoal Creek camping spot. If possible, do you know of any decent holes in that area? Or maybe somewhere else? I'd appreciate any help considering I havent fished Lanier in about 15 years and it's a biiig lake.

jocko755

Nice job - especially from the bank. You can always find some largemouth shallow and in marinas, but the spots dominate the lake. That double digit bass should be easier to find in smaller more private unpressured ponds. Keep at it. It will happen.