Another bucket list gun

pacecars

S&W Model 16-4 .32 H&R Magnum with 4 inch barrel and combat grips. Thinking about making it a .327 Federal
4233-E809-E69-B-4-F8-E-9489-5-B77003-CC66-F.jpg

ChidJ

Thats a fine lookin six shooter. Been on a revolver kick myself. Did you buy that one?

pacecars

Yes I bought it

Baroque Brass

Love the old smiths picked up one of mine a few years ago top one model 19 pinned and recessed. View attachment 999843
Love the old smiths picked up one of mine a few years ago top one model 19 pinned and recessed. View attachment 999843
I have a model 19 just like that, also pinned and recessed. Mine has the oversized Smith wood grips. I emailed Smith months ago and gave them the serial number to determine its age but I never heard from them.

Stroker

Got a old nickel model 19 4", came with fancy smooth rosewood grips with S&W medallion, wears Hogue grips now, one of my favorite wheel guns, would love to have one in blue.

pacecars

I really wish S&W would have built their 10mm on the K Frame or at least on the L Frame. The N Frame is overkill and I have owned 6 or 7 of the prelock 610s

Last edited:

ChidJ

I really wish S&W would have built their 10mm on the K Frame or at least on the L Frame. The N Frame is overkill and I have owned 6 or 7 of the prelock 610s

This! Why did they do that? It is my dream for them to make an airweight K frame 10mm

pacecars

I would love a K Frame in 10mm just like the 16-4 with a full under lug with 4” and 6” barrels along with a light weight version. If the did the 10mm on a Scandium K Frame in the same configuration as the 329 PD I couldn’t throw my money at them fast enough!

pacecars

Thanks, it appears that mine was made in the late 70s. Mine is a dash 4 model. What is dash 4?
The dash means there was a change to the gun. In this case the 16-4 the dash 4 means it was the 4th change to the revolver

Baroque Brass

The dash means there was a change to the gun. In this case the 16-4 the dash 4 means it was the 4th change to the revolver
Thanks for the info. One thing I’m sure of, it’s a sweet shooter! I’ve had it since the early eighties, and no way I’ll part with it before taking my last breath.