Another Couple Days Off! With The Kid, and Little Brother. Long post, lotta pics. Might as well keep going!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a pretty much perfect day there! You're raising them up right.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Decided to go on and lay ouuta work and hang out with the boys a couple more days!

The Railroad will always be there.

Yesterday, we put Little Brother on the .410 and got after the squirrels again. They weren't quite as cooperative, but he did get to shoot at a couple of runners...

IMG_20221008_082146041.jpgIMG_20221008_080341249.jpg

It's amazing how fast those rats will wise up to being shot at... ?

This morning, we checked traps and shot up a brick of .22s.

The Kid was itchin' to shoot a little Colt Frontier Scout, and we are in the process of graduating Little Brother from the Cricket Rifle to a Youth model 10-22.

IMG_20221009_094845734.jpg

IMG_20221009_095309926.jpg

Can anybody think of a better way to dispose of a Circle K coffee cup???

IMG_20221009_102729796.jpg

We took a ride to the huntin' club to check things out and fill a feeder, and had a BIG buck hop the dirt road in front of us as we were leaving.

When we got home while ago, Mz. RR was finishing up Sunday Supper of stewed chicken, black eyed peas with snaps, and yep, a pot of squirrel and rice!

We'll see what tomorrow brings!

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
That’s just awesome!! Them young men will forever remember their time spent with you and be better men in their adult lives because of it.
20mule borax works great on skins.

Baroque Brass

Those boys are very lucky to have you in their life. Those activities are much better than sitting inside playing video games. We have our grandson this week, I hope to get him outside and do some things. I just hung up some steel last week and I have lots of .22 ammo. Last year we explored the woods and he waded in the creek. Last night he asked if we could do that again, I said absolutely we can!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Wow what a day! That's the way it's supposed to be for grandpas and grand kids!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Today began with checkin' traps, and going to the fish pond again since it was an overcast morning.

Nothing doing on the trap line, and the fish were "sorta biting" which means a buncha misses.. ?

Me and my buddy finally decided on making a hunting stand at his place, so me and the boys went and picked up a new condo and hauled it to the new location.

Also brought the tractor down the road and mowed the new spot...

IMG_20221010_143619488_HDR.jpgIMG_20221010_135555672.jpg
IMG_20221010_143702700_HDR.jpg

Time to take a dang break!

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
This morning was another big goose egg on the trap line, and no pics on the camera we moved to the new hunting spot last night.

But it was time to fix the moccasin hide, and it turned out nice, with an almost 4' long useable strip.

They scrubbed it down smooth with 4/0 steel wool...

IMG_20221011_085503353.jpg

End result is nice...

IMG_20221011_090812780.jpg

They "found" a bow and some arrows in the shed... I'm no archer, but they enjoyed seeing who could shoot the farthest... ?

IMG_20221011_092535700.jpgIMG_20221011_092311693.jpg

We also had a deer hop thru the yard when we were "tracking the perimeter" lookin' for sign.

Our little Unplanned Excursion is officially over today, they gotta go back to school tomorrow, and I gotta get back to work...

We've had a big time!

zman

Them boys are learning how to be real boys.. I wished i had a grandpa like that growing up.. Tip of the hat sir..