Another interesting find

Thread starter #1

Whitefeather

Management Material
About this time last year, I stumbled across a eaten carcass of a juvenile hawk in my back yard. Tonight the dogs got after an armadillo in the yard and while walking back to the house, stumbled on this. I didn’t have my phone on me at that time, so I went to get it. Before I got back, the possum that was eating the owl’s head was gone. After looking closer, I noticed the half eaten squirrel laying under the owl. This is the second bird of prey I’ve found that was either eaten or in the process of being eaten in the past year Any ideas or conclusions… 22A3A520-79E1-45DA-881C-795B48C298BE.jpeg 9116DC87-46FA-48BF-B330-C72D025D08EB.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
That is interesting , I’m curious what others say . Maybe the owl caught the squirrel and the squirrel injured the owl during the fight . And the possum was the lucky one .

Thread starter #5

Whitefeather

Management Material
I figure the hawk was eating the squirrel it caught when the owl killed it. The possum was just the democrat that wandered into the feast.
There was no hawk last light. The owl was eating the squirrel I guess when it got killed The possum was eating the owl.

Nicodemus

ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
There was no hawk last light. The owl was eating the squirrel I guess when it got killed The possum was eating the owl.

Oh, I misread. In that case I bet you it was a great horned owl that killed it. They are bad to kill other owls, hawks, and anything they can get their talons on.

Thread starter #9

Whitefeather

Management Material
Oh, I misread. In that case I bet you it was a great horned owl that killed it. They are bad to kill other owls, hawks, and anything they can get their talons on.
What kind of owl is that in the picture?