another one for law enforcement . . . camera tickets

mpowell

reading the other post currently on the board brought something to my attention i've been wondering. . .

what about the tickets generated through cameras at intersections? does the camera only get the back of your vehicle with the license plate number or is there a shot of the driver as well?

what if you let a buddy drive your car and he runs the light and you get mailed the ticket??? unless they've got you in the crosshairs of a camera from the front, you're guilty till proven innocent in this instance. which is NOT the way things are supposed to be!

anyone fill me in on this?

Jim Ammons

New one installed in Dalton, GA last week-trial basis-warnings to start with-camera takes front-sides-and back of vehicle if it runs red light. Understand state law in GA says registered owner is responsible for all tickets regardless of driver. Copy of citation will mailed next day after LE reviews. After warning period ends, fine I think is $84.00.

Chuck Martin

The camera is set up to get the tag only as per the way the Georgia Sen and House wrote the law.........Laws are written by Lawyers :bangingheI won't even start. The owner of the car is issued a citation via the mail and if the driver states he loaned the car to a friend they can go to court just like a regular citation. If the driver can get the person they loaned the car to come to court and take the blame..............well we all see where this could go.

My advise is don't loan your car to a friend where they have intersection cameras :bounce:

mpowell

Jim Ammons said:
Understand state law in GA says registered owner is responsible for all tickets regardless of driver.

that's a bunch of **! just cause it's my car doesn't make me responsible for someone who runs the light.

Heathen

My father-n-law got a ticket from the on at hwy. 41 and Windy Hill RD. a few months ago. It is a 75 dollar fine at that one. They send you three photos of you running the light, and they are detailed enough to see who was driving the vehicle. So watch out if your in that area they are no longer just issuing warnings. :bounce:

Snakeman

Sounds like Lucky and Company's workload just got bigger.....

The Snakeman