Another Pizza

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I've been on a roll with cast iron pizzas, but this one made me especially proud. Garlic cream sauce, mozzarella, brie, parsley, smoked venison sausage, and sourdough crust. A gut bomb for sure, but absolutely delicious.
View attachment 1051561
Mydeeefine!!!

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
I've been on a roll with cast iron pizzas, but this one made me especially proud. Garlic cream sauce, mozzarella, brie, parsley, smoked venison sausage, and sourdough crust. A gut bomb for sure, but absolutely delicious.
View attachment 1051561
Tell me about that garlic cream sauce please sir. My hubby isn't a big fan of the red sauce. Would like to try it!

JohnnyD

Tell me about that garlic cream sauce please sir. My hubby isn't a big fan of the red sauce. Would like to try it!

Sure thing. Put olive oil and butter in a skillet and heat it until the butter melts. Toss in four or five good sized cloves of garlic that have been diced up fairly well. Once those sizzle for a minute or three, sprinkle in some flour and whisk it all up. I've been using Half and Half for this, so pour that in and start whisking while it comes up to temperature. While it's heating up, sprinkle in some grated parmesan cheese, cracked black pepper, and some salt. When it thickens, take it off the heat.

I usually make it in the morning then store in the fridge until I'm making the pizza. It heats up fine as a base sauce.

gobbleinwoods

Keeper of the Magic Word
yummy

longbowdave1

I saw a few ready made roasted garlic parmesan sauces in a jar at the local Walmart. Another option to save a little time.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Sure thing. Put olive oil and butter in a skillet and heat it until the butter melts. Toss in four or five good sized cloves of garlic that have been diced up fairly well. Once those sizzle for a minute or three, sprinkle in some flour and whisk it all up. I've been using Half and Half for this, so pour that in and start whisking while it comes up to temperature. While it's heating up, sprinkle in some grated parmesan cheese, cracked black pepper, and some salt. When it thickens, take it off the heat.

I usually make it in the morning then store in the fridge until I'm making the pizza. It heats up fine as a base sauce.
Thank you kindly. Gonna give this a try on the next one! :rockon: