Another will he make it…. (Updated)

James12

I think that’s a field point??? Appears he’s eating and even was sparring with a smaller buck. No idea where he came from but I assume this is why he left there.

Attachments

• 27D0DD88-E37F-455B-A5BC-68B8B13AD73E.jpeg
    27D0DD88-E37F-455B-A5BC-68B8B13AD73E.jpeg
    384.3 KB · Views: 428

Heartstarter

He will likely make it. These pictures were taken a week apart in a middle Georgia subdivision. Looks like a crossbow bolt with a target head. He got the bolt out, is eating and seems to be doing well. They are amazing animals. 44F262B2-C503-49C1-A7EA-FA42840AFB4A.jpeg5BDF12E4-E910-484E-9A2B-57AD48E6BA73.jpeg

The healed injuries I've seen on critters is amazing.
I've seen a tripod doe missing a front leg.
I caught a bipod beaver missing both front.
A tripod coyote missing a front leg.
A red fox with a useless rear leg.
Several obviously healed broken limbs.

rosewood

Wonder how he got it out?

I have seen the broadheads keep going when the arrow stayed in. Sometimes the ferrule pulls out.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
The healed injuries I've seen on critters is amazing.
I've seen a tripod doe missing a front leg.
I caught a bipod beaver missing both front.
A tripod coyote missing a front leg.
A red fox with a useless rear leg.
Several obviously healed broken limbs.

I skinned a big diamondback one time that had the classic X scars across it`s back and on the ribs. About 2 feet down from the head. They were totally healed. I`ve often wondered if the owl survived.

Pulled this from my buck this year.

IMG_4980.JPG

You can see the entrance hole on his side.....broadhead was under his spine on the opposite side with the blades closed....Had it been a fixed blade I believe he would have died. I think the arrow deflected upon entry and went high up to the spine....

Someone must have shot him from a ground blind or while hunting from the ground. An arrow striking that location on a deer from a treestand would have been fatal. The hunter was good left and right....just a bit high.

Here is the picture of the deer a few days before I killed him.

Capture.JPG

The deer had a massive infection and I lost a front shoulder and half a back-strap but he had been chasing does and was chasing does when I killed him.

This was fatal....

IMG_4981.JPG

rosewood

Pulled it out with his mouth
I sometimes forget those critters can turn their heads around over their backs...We can't do that.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I sometimes forget those critters can turn their heads around over their backs...We can't do that.
I liver shot a buck this year (bow)... Walked off swishing his tail. I put the binos on him. He basically licked or checked the wound with his mouth and nose. Then he laid down within sight and died shortly after

Sixes

I liver shot a buck this year (bow)... Walked off swishing his tail. I put the binos on him. He basically licked or checked the wound with his mouth and nose. Then he laid down within sight and died shortly after
I made a terrible shot on a doe years ago, either pulled the shot or she bolted and I hit her high and back, I watched her run off about 40 yards and stand there for a few minutes and she turned her head and pulled the arrow on out of her, like nothing happened.

The shot was bad enough that she lived and I gave her a free pass for the year. I would see her from time to time and you could see the wound. After she shed her winter hair and grew out her new coat, I reckon it healed over and I never noticed the cut.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Found this redtail with a dead limb sticking through his breast and out his back. Pulled the limb out, and he flew off. Don't know if her survived or not, but they are tough.

Attachments

• 19642510_10207451158236889_4068365661302826691_n.jpg
    19642510_10207451158236889_4068365661302826691_n.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 78

James12

I made a terrible shot on a doe years ago, either pulled the shot or she bolted and I hit her high and back, I watched her run off about 40 yards and stand there for a few minutes and she turned her head and pulled the arrow on out of her, like nothing happened.

The shot was bad enough that she lived and I gave her a free pass for the year. I would see her from time to time and you could see the wound. After she shed her winter hair and grew out her new coat, I reckon it healed over and I never noticed the cut.

Geeze