Any golfers here?

stringmusic

Yep, love playing. I haven’t been playing as much in the past couple of years but played a ton of golf over the last 10-12 years. As a weekend warrior at my best I was shooting low 80’s with an occasional 77-78-79 thrown in on a good day.

I plan on playing more this summer than I have in the past couple of years.

Reactions: Dub

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Yeah I play. Jekyll and Hyde. 85 one day, 73 the next.

drhunter1

Bought my first set of Wilson Staff clubs while in the USMC in 1966. Still use the putter, an Acushnet Bullseye. Played several dozen courses in Scotland. Shot my age twice, two aces (so far). What do you consider “avid”?
Just someone who tries to play as much as he can and loves the game.

MudDucker

Staff member
Nope, was growing up, then I discovered wine, women and song and the dimples on her cheeks were better than the ones on the little white ball.

joepuppy

I started playing 3 or 4 years ago. Really enjoy the game.

TomC

Played a ton of competitive golf growing up (when woods were still made out of wood) and worked at golf courses and driving ranges throughout high school and college. After multiple back surgeries doubt I'll ever be able to play again. Miss it something severe!

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Not avid, but I do like to play. I'm not worth a flip, but my father-in-law, myself, and a few other buddies get out a number of times a year. .

duckyaker90

I use to play every day I was off. Then I got marry and became a father. When I’d end up in the woods I felt like I belonged there anyways.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Used to play a lot in my younger days when all I had was time. I still enjoy watching it on TV. GO GOLF!!!!! And Boo the people that think it's boring.

Twiggbuster

Played a lot 20 yrs ago. Never any good and I’m fairly athletic. It’s a hard game. Took me years to understand to let the club do the work. Too much baseball/softball in my past.
Also learned to hit down on the ball. Don’t skull near as much now. I actually play better after laying off awhile. Then bad habits reappear. My buddies and I had kids and golf takes money and time. Have more time now outside of deer and turkey season.Love to play and will go at the drop of a hat.

Everyone should see Augusta at least once.