Any GON members that live between Kite and Wrightsville GA. Have a Cemetery Question.

BriarPatch99

Does anyone live near Kite or Wrightsville GA that knows the location of the Bill Meeks Cemetery?

Supposedly located just off Kite Rd ... on Union Church Rd.... maybe a 1/2 mile on right ...

Kev

I can probably get you the info. I’m not too awful far from there and work that area. Also, Johnson County is a likely place to get shot.

BriarPatch99

I can probably get you the info. I’m not too awful far from there and work that area. Also, Johnson County is a likely place to get shot.

My maternal folks are all from Johnson Co. a few in Emanuel

Steptoes, Tapleys, Meeks, Hutcheson, Barnes, Barwick ... few others

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
My maternal folks are all from Johnson Co. a few in Emanuel

Steptoes, Tapleys, Meeks, Hutcheson, Barnes, Barwick ... few others

Mine too, Jimmy. And all around Oak Park and Nunez. Kirby`s, Williamsons, Corbins. Let me check with my Cousin. She might can help you.

BriarPatch99

Mine too, Jimmy. And all around Oak Park and Nunez. Kirby`s, Williamsons, Corbins. Let me check with my Cousin. She might can help you.

I appreciate any help...

Several of my cousins and I visited several cemeteries around Adrian ...six in total... all my ancestors...
Got six more on plan for Nov. 12th ....

I write down any those names if I see them..

Jdmb123

There is a small cemetery on our lease at the Johnson/Washington line. Very interesting to read them. It will say like “boy” and have lived one year. We have a stand near it, they bring us good luck.

nimrod

From the site linked by jimbo

Located off the Kite road on the property of Clark Powell (formerly owned by P. Flanders). Go four miles on highway 57 east from Wrightsville. Turn left at the top of the hill and go 1/4 mile. The cemetery can be reached by going through a field gate on the right. Directions courtesy of James W. Allen.

westcobbdog

I saw that ... Just trying to verify the location with someone who know the area ... apparently this location is on private property ....I didn't want to stomp around on someone property and get shot...
Check the owners info on qpublic.net and send them a note. A week after I did this I got a call back and permission to access a private cemetery in N Baldwin.

mojo02