Any ideas about this misfire cartridge?

davel

I really hadn't thought about it but considering the primer shortage and rush to supply them it wouldn't surprise me (like someone said earlier) that there are inferior or bad primers that have been manufactured.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I have had problems with primers in factory loaded Remington Slugs. And my Father had a .308 Corelokt fail to fire.
I know a guy who also had 3 misfires (duds) out of a 100 Rem 9-1/2 Primers. Sadly those three were out of the 1st 20 he loaded fom the 100 and he still had 80 of those left plus 900 more in the rest of the sleeve. How can you trust any of the rest to go off after that?

All manufacturers have their QC issues at times.

Jester896

Senior Clown
I had a bad Winchester LRP (hand load) burn a very slight divot in the bolt face of an M1A a few years ago and have been reluctant to use Winchester primers since, they did send me a 1k box of new primers but I believe they're stashed in the back of the primer cabinet somewhere.
Hate that!
I have never had an issue with them other than them being hawt. If I had a case full of ball powder that might be the one I reach for. I use them in Win Mag loads. They used to say LG rifle or LG rifle mag right on the box.

Maybe you can trade them

bighonkinjeep

Following up to let you know Winchester asked for the ammo back and said they will send me a refund check in 3-5 weeks.
Got a bad box of ammo from Winchester once upon a time. They sent out a return label and had the ammo picked up but gave me a $35 ammo coupon that no retailer would take. After several tries at national sporting goods chains, big box stores and local gun shops I was finally able to use the coupon but Bass Pro Shop was the only retailer that would accept it.