Any leather guys?

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Between ATL and Blue Ridge. Have something pretty simple I’d like done.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Scott Davidson used to frequent here. Haven't seen him on the forum lately, but he owns Solid Rock Knives. Search him on FB. I think he's in Alto.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
Scott Davidson used to frequent here. Haven't seen him on the forum lately, but he owns Solid Rock Knives. Search him on FB. I think he's in Alto.

Thanks brother but I don’t do FB. I can do what I want done but would never have a need for the tools ever again. Basically just need to pop a hole through a piece of leather and press a grommet into it.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
Thanks brother but I don’t do FB. I can do what I want done but would never have a need for the tools ever again. Basically just need to pop a hole through a piece of leather and press a grommet into it.

How big a hole?

Drill bit, maybe?

Empty rifle brass and careful tapping?

School house hole puncher?

Just throwing out some stuff I used before I bought a few tools at Hobby Lobby....

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
How big a hole?

Drill bit, maybe?

Empty rifle brass and careful tapping?

School house hole puncher?

Just throwing out some stuff I used before I bought a few tools at Hobby Lobby....

I have a wallet made out of a big bull gator I killed years ago. A buddy tried to play a trick on me at the bar one night and got a broken nose outta the deal. Long story but I want to pop a hole in it and grommet it so I can add a chain and belt loop. How much does a punch and a grommet press cost RRer?

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
I like the rifle cartridge idea. A 5.56 could save me from buying the punch set. Then I’d just need the grommet tool.

Railroader

Billy’s Security Guard.
I like the rifle cartridge idea. A 5.56 could save me from buying the punch set. Then I’d just need the grommet tool.

You can pick up a little generic set with a few rivets, snaps, grommets etc. It will also have setting tools which aren't much, but work.

Cost, about $8-$10...

I sharpened a .223 steel case just a bit running it on my work sharp, and it will work, but you gotta go easy, and tap lightly...Tap-tap, push and turn, repeat till you get a hole.

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
That’s what I don’t want to happen. I can’t afford another hobby. Thanks brother. Appreciate the incite.
This is a long shot and will show you how out of date I am. If you can find an old shoe repair shop a lot of them repaired luggage too,they could fix you up.

Para Bellum

Mouth For War
This is a long shot and will show you how out of date I am. If you can find an old shoe repair shop a lot of them repaired luggage too,they could fix you up.

I literally just had a pair of boots re-soled. I’ll call him up. Thanks for the idea brother!