Any of yall had neck surgery? Part Deux

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Good luck. Had three fusions in neck. Collar was aggravating but everything else went well. You should be good.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
My 24 year old son had this. From his butt to his neck. Hurts my heart, but it sure helped him.
23000060_1762364393796474_4370801242531058961_o.jpg

Reactions: Dub

Mars

Well we are back again. I had ACDF of C6-C7 on June 4th 2020 and felt great....for 3 months. The pain started coming back and I thought maybe its still healing and to wait a while.

After a few more months of increasing pain I decided to get it checked out. Another MRI showed that the fusion looks great but it also showed herniated discs at C4-C5-C6. I tried several pain management methods and spent thousands to have the doctor stab me in the neck and head with various medications with no relief.

Since that was unsuccessful, Ive been referred to Emory's Spine hospital to see if a artificial discs would be an option. Do yall have any experience with artificial discs?

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Well we are back again. I had ACDF of C6-C7 on June 4th 2020 and felt great....for 3 months. The pain started coming back and I thought maybe its still healing and to wait a while.

After a few more months of increasing pain I decided to get it checked out. Another MRI showed that the fusion looks great but it also showed herniated discs at C4-C5-C6. I tried several pain management methods and spent thousands to have the doctor stab me in the neck and head with various medications with no relief.

Since that was unsuccessful, Ive been referred to Emory's Spine hospital to see if a artificial discs would be an option. Do yall have any experience with artificial discs?
Man, hate that you're going through this. I know the kind of pain you're talking about. Glad your ACDF was successful. It sounds like you're just one of the unfortunate people who have disc issues. My friend and I had our ACDF surgery about the same time but he has other disc issues as well. He had some artificial discs put in at the same time as the neck surgery somewhere in his back. His artificial disc was successful too and he's been happy with the mobility it gave him. He is even able to play some golf so that gives you an idea of how successful it was. Hope yours goes equally well.