Any Rubs yet?

gafishnut

:confused: Anyone seeing any rubs or scrapes? I'm in Heard Co. and I haven't seen a buck as of yet, so I really don't know what the status is with velvet. When should the bucks start the scrape routine?

H

HT2

Fish....

We've had "2" 8-pointers killed in Hancock and they were both "slicked out"........

I did see "2" small rubs, but they were small.......Must of been a little "dummy" that had his "hormones" all screwed up....... :bounce: :bounce:

Randy

Yes. We are seeing rubs and scrapes. The scrapes are not breeding scrapes, they are territorial scrapes.

Yes, we are seeing lots of rubs and a few small scrapes. Several of the rubs we have found are very impressive for this time of the year.

C

Cward

I actually got to witness a six point make a rub opening weekend! Ptetty cool! And nope, no shot!! :banginghe

Handgunner

I took a ride around the farm yesterday evening and found this one on the edge of the field. It's a small one, but it was fresh...

Attachments

• rub.jpg
    rub.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 224

RThomas

I've seen rubs and scrapes in Elbert county. Velvet is off all the bucks I've seen.

leadoff

GONetwork Member
I found a couple of nice rubs the other day as I was making my way to finish work on my stand. Also ran across a fresh scrape. The fresh sign in addition to this cool weather has made me all giddy!

deerhuntingdawg

My buddy and I found a very nice rub about 125 yards from my stand opening weekend of bow season. We also noticed several old rubs that he was hitting as well. From this tell/tale sign, I would say there is a very good buck near this stand!! Especially from the size and the fact that this large rub was done so early!!

Dean

Yes

we started seing new scapes about two weeks ago and this weekend I found a few very nice rubs on 5" - 6" trees. The big bucks seem to be putting out their signpost now.