Anybody Else hunt with older bows

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
I have a Bowtech General 2008 Model. Of course I'm getting old so I got it set at 55 lbs. It's the quietest bow I ever owned.

DSGB

I still have 2 bows from the early 80's. A PSE Laser Magnum and a Martin Cougar Magnun. Had a Golden Eagle but gave it to my son.

I have my dad's old PSE Phaser III that I killed my first two archery deer with, along with his old Bear Whitetail Hunter (I've never shot that one).

hambone76

Prior to switching to traditional only, I shot a Martin Firecat Pro-X. It fit me well and got the job done, so I never had a need to upgrade.

Goatman70

Broke out the old PSE fireflight I got used 21 years ago. Putting it back into service this year with a high FOC arrow setup. Gonna be fun

ASH556

My ‘07 Archery Research AR32 still shoots lights out. Tonight’s 40yd group:
55CD5A62-7358-4CE5-84F9-8E903426EE68.jpeg

Fishin & Hunting

I still have my 1979 PSE Lazer I bought brand new. But I stopped hu hunting with it ten years ago. I still shoot my 1960 Wing Red Wing Hunter recurve every year. Also have a Wing Red Wing Hunter I bought new in 1974.

Gaswamp

Wonder how many on this thread r bow only

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Wonder how many on this thread r bow only
Not me , as much as I love archery hunting I love to hear bang also , but I’m really wanting to get into traditional archery , my daughter usually fills the freezer anyway

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
When i bought my Matthews switchback back in 2006. I felt like it was the best compound ever made. Im still using it. At this point i have no intentions of changing.

Riggo44

I bought and hunted with a 2009 Martin Cheetah until last year when I decided to spend $$$ on a new setup. Still have the Cheetah though.

alwayslookin

The Switchback is a great bow, very smooth. I worked on one for a buddy years ago....was easy to tune. I'm pretty sure he still has it.

I bought and hunted with a 2009 Martin Cheetah until last year when I decided to spend $$$ on a new setup. Still have the Cheetah though.

What'd you end up getting?

Riggo44

The Switchback is a great bow, very smooth. I worked on one for a buddy years ago....was easy to tune. I'm pretty sure he still has it.

What'd you end up getting?
Bear Arena 34. Probably should have only put $$ vs the $$$. ?. Got it at Bass Pro on sale. Shooting it pretty good but I'll be adding a Verifier peep sight soon. At 51 yrs old, the old eyesight ain't what it once was. Blurry pin = bad!

SC Hunter

Bought a switchback xt back used in 09 and used it for a few years and sold it. I bought it back from the guy I sold it to and I'm planning on hunting with it this year.

jav

I have bow hunted 35 years, and owned 2 bows. The first was a Mathews I hunted with for 25 years and thought I needed to update because technology had advanced bows so much. On my 10 th year with a Hoyt and at 63 I believe it will be my last. Killed a lot of deer with both, just tried to never go beyond my shooting ability.

trkyhnt89

I've always shot a Drenalin think its a 2009. Killed a pile of deer and a couple elk with it.

I try not to shoot newer bows, rather not know what I'm missing!

Latest posts