anybody havin trouble with coons in their feeders.....

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
close to Comer?..............I coon hunt about every night, and will be glad to run 'em out for ya......... :flag:

Larry Rooks

Always have problems with coon and they feeders. I use as much trail camera film on coons and I do deer :mad: But I reckon they gotta eat too,
especially in those trough type feeders

H

HT2

Coon.........

Yep we purdy much have problems with 'em all the time..........

But, we ain't near Comer........ :eek:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
can ya make it one night next week, Gage????

........just give me a day or two notice........ :)

Jorge

John,

I can tell you that Glenn and I have. You don't have to travel very far either. Beware though, those are some healthy coons. They have eaten a couple hundred pounds of high protein deer chow over the past couple of months.

George

GeauxLSU

Can you really 'run 'em out' that they would stay away from feeders? Don't they stay in the same area? I don't know nuthin' 'bout no coons. :huh:
Not even the two I watched at home at lunch today messing with my mineral lick. (Mid day coons always make me think of rabies. :eek: )
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Timberman

Can you really 'run 'em out' that they would stay away from feeders?

Not unless you can kill him. Is killing season still in over there.?

GA DAWG

No its over.It starts up oct 15.You hunt a feeder enough at night and I promise you the coon activity will go down.They might start moving in an eat during the day.I would say coons eat over 50% of the feed thats put out for deer.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Jorge said:
John,

I can tell you that Glenn and I have. You don't have to travel very far either. Beware though, those are some healthy coons. They have eaten a couple hundred pounds of high protein deer chow over the past couple of months.

George
on the club????................ :offtopic: took the new guy around yesterday afternoon, 3 till about 6:30........walked his buttocks off.lol.........he couldn't believe how nice our food plots were............and his daughter works on Arrowhatchie Plantation. :D :cheers: ................ps--he has access to a small bulldozer. :clap: :clap:

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Timberman said:
Not unless you can kill him. Is killing season still in over there.?
season is NOT in, and I don't break game laws.............we have found that if ya hunt them enough, it will somewhat curtail their activity....................for awhile, then they just start comin', as Larry said, earlier or much later in the night..............kill season opens October 15th through the end of February.............I'll be there if ya need me....... :D :D............ps-Timberman......still lookin for someone interested in those dogs.......found somebody who would buy the Walker alone, didn't want the blue dog................I'll keep lookin' if you are still interested in selling them..... :huh:

Last edited:

Timberman

I know. Just messin wit cha. A coon is basically lazy and if you make it more difficult to get to something, they'll hunt easier pickins...like the feeders on the neighboring tract. :bounce: You got a P.M. too CD.

Jorge

coon dawg said:
on the club????................
Yes. Glenn and I put 2 of them out and the coons have been eating all of the feed in mine and I am pretty sure Glenn's as well. I put a camera on mine and not one deer. :banginghe Just coons getting bigger in each photo.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member
I saw Glenn's yesterday

pm me of the location of yours, and I'll run 'em out a few nights a week.........easy huntin over there for when Sara and her 3 year old go with me...... :D