Anybody hunting in this coldddddd weather?

South Man

Just wondering as I have a friend out today and he shot a doe. It's pretty rough out! Anybody going hunting this weekend?

ghadarits

If you’re hunting this morning my hats off to you. Check your action and firing pin to make sure they aren’t frozen they can freeze with temps like we’re experiencing.

Baroque Brass

If you’re hunting this morning my hats off to you. Check your action and firing pin to make sure they aren’t frozen they can freeze with temps like we’re experiencing.
Wouldn’t there have to be moisture for the firing pin to freeze?

ghadarits

There does and it’s more prevalent than you might imagine. It doesn’t take much to lock up a firing pin. I’m fastidious about keeping my guns clean and it’s happened to me a time or two over the years. Usually in some place other than Georgia. Single digits are a good time to experience it.

Baroque Brass

Then this would be my first ever post in the bow hunting section. The title caught my eye.

flconch53

If the firing pin is close fit to the action it would be possible but it would have to be much colder than here. I have hunted at 10 below zero and colder and not experienced that. If that happened to me I would be looking at the lubricant or something other than the metal freezing up

Long Cut

Had it not of been Christmas Eve & Day, he would’ve been in the bed of my truck.

Merino wool is worth the price tag, ladies.52DFD813-5CC5-444A-85D0-1FDA658570E8.jpeg66724095-FFC4-4EB7-A73F-8BC00E63CCB5.jpeg5D075BB1-B95A-4719-929C-4D76CEFB9F1B.jpeg

Attachments

• 0CFE6658-9903-4415-A7F1-95FB85AC90B9.jpeg
    0CFE6658-9903-4415-A7F1-95FB85AC90B9.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 6

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Anyone hunting Friday or Saturday is hard core. I had to go to the Kroger Sat to pick up a script. I think it was about 10" - almost froze on the 60 yard walk from the truck to the store.

James12

I sat in it, once the walk in warmth wore off things got real! Spit froze pretty quickly on the blind mesh. Didn’t shoot a decent deer after thinking too long about having to skin it out!