Anybody know.......

jason308

Where I can find a new Ol-man treestand? I would like to have a Multi Vision but I don't know if these guys have gone out of business or what. Any ideas?

Jeff Phillips

Jason - I'll make you a deal on a Ol Man Grand Multi Vision. I have not used it the last year or 2. It's in real good shape and has the cushion with the back rest.

Send me a PM if your interested.

H

HT2

Jason.......

You need to jump on that deal from Jeff.......

Yeah, they (OL-MAN) aren't in business any longer.........

I was lookin' at a catalog the other day and I think (don't know for sure) that Gorilla Tree Stands must have bought them out........Or at least the idea/style of their stands......

Gorilla has climbers that look very, very similar to the OL-MAN climbers.......With a few changes........

Check it out.......
http://gorillatreestands.com/greybacks.shtml

jason308

Thanks HT2- they just aint the same if you know what I mean. I wouldn't be surprised if olman sold them that design when they went out of business. Wonder what caused them to shut down like that? Myself and many of my friends won't hunt in any climbing stand except an OL man. :banginghe And BassPro doesn't sell them anymore either.

Last edited:
H

HT2

Jason........

Ain't no big deal bud.......

I'm with you............I really like those climbers.......

I know they had some re-calls on them, so I don't know if it was money issues that cause them to go out of business or what........

I've got my 2 Ol-man stands........I just want them to last a while before I have to buy another type.....

Headshot

Do you know what the recalls involved? I have had one (Ol Man Vision) for 5 years and never hunted out of it. (I have been using ladder stands.) Thanks.

jason308

Headshot- I got this from the CPSC site:

Description: The climbing tree stands included in this recall are the Original Ol’ Man Double X with model number OMDX-MO, Grand Ol’ Man Double X with model number GOMDX-MO, Multi-Vision with model number MV- MO, and Grand Multi-Vision with Model number GMV-MO. All units have Warning labels affixed to the stands varying in weight capacities of 250 lbs to 350 lbs. The bottom platform of each tree stand has a lot number stamped on the serrated blades that would indicate when it was produced. Only tree stands having the number 1903 or 2103 stamped on the blades of the stand bottom are included in the recall. The stands have a mesh net seat and are painted green.

Sold At: Hunting supply stores, Web sites and catalogs nationwide from June 2003 through November 2003 for between $160 and $270.

Manufactured In: China.

Remedy: Consumers should stop using these treestands with 1903 and 2103 stamping on the blades immediately, and call Ol’ Man Treestands for a repair or replacement product.

BBurn

Dang, one of my most used stands is an Original Ol'Man. I have had it long before 2003, so hopefully it is OK. I love it, and I haven't fell out of a tree yet, so I guess I'll still put it to good use again this year. Too bad the company is OOB. Thanks for the info...this site keeps getting better and better!

electricanhunter

tree stand

franklins of athens carrys ol man treestands and on the sign last week and web site had the ol man multi vison for 109. Look on the website to confirm it. franklins is off atlanta highway next to mcdonalds.

duke13

electricanhunter said:
franklins of athens carrys ol man treestands and on the sign last week and web site had the ol man multi vison for 109. Look on the website to confirm it. franklins is off atlanta highway next to mcdonalds.

Multi vision for 109? :huh: