Anyone Bow Hunt Out of a Ladder Stand

Sixes

I put all the sizes in sandwich baggies after sorting them. Ill finish it tonight when I get back to work
Stand is together and is now against the tree that I hunt.

Since buying some of the first ones, Hawk has cheapened out on a few things. The ratchet strap will be changed out to a better one, the steps don't seem as strong nor have as wide of steps.

I'll have to check the measurements (I still have an older one in the box) on the foot rest, it seems smaller.

But, other than the one piece of slag that I had to remove, the stand (even the seat) went together good and we had it up and strapped off in a half hour.

At $100-130, these are hard to beat due to the seat. But if at the price of 150 plus, I'll try to catch Millennium on sale and pay 50 bucks more

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
Have a Xstand Duke 20' and a Primal 17.5' and both are very comfortable. If I use my vertical bow I stand to shoot and have the rest rotated out. If it's the crossbow I'll shoot sitting and use the rest. And yes I still hunt with both.

Twiggbuster

I “ inherited “ a 15 ft ladder from I guy in our club when he got out. Don’t know the brand but 1 man with big platform with seat and rail that fold up out of the way . I leave the foot rest in fold down position. It’s in a good spot- 7 year old pines on edge of stream bed left by loggers. The deer pop right out.

georgiadawgs44

After much thought and shopping around I decided to get a couple of the Big Game Hunters that are on sale for $139.99 at Cabelas/Bass Pro. They were out of stock online and everywhere but the Gwinnett location. I rode up there today and got them.

I really appreciate y’all’s input and your advice really helped me decide. I liked the X-stand but I went with this one because it’s bigger.

Attachments

• 3CC870B5-B312-4BEB-A545-77DCD10F0B69.jpeg
    3CC870B5-B312-4BEB-A545-77DCD10F0B69.jpeg
    214.1 KB · Views: 27

Riggo44

Ladders are fine. Just remember to practice shooting from a sitting position since it is generally a tougher draw than when standing. Better yet,... practice from your stand and shoot a maximum comfortable draw weight. Good hunting sir.

Kdad

Need to beat them n hang them with a note that says, " do you feel lucky, punk"?

TomC

I have lower back problems and have never sat in a ladder where my rear end did not hurt in short order while I can sit in a portable with a sling seat for hours and hours on end. Any of these ladders have a sling type seat that's got some give in it?

georgiadawgs44

I have lower back problems and have never sat in a ladder where my rear end did not hurt in short order while I can sit in a portable with a sling seat for hours and hours on end. Any of these ladders have a sling type seat that's got some give in it?
I haven’t put the two I bought together yet but it looks similar to the Millennium seat. I can’t wait to get down to camp and get them set up.

Attachments

• 685E055A-09A5-444A-9B34-49B3F8583523.jpeg
    685E055A-09A5-444A-9B34-49B3F8583523.jpeg
    24.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 55373789-94F6-4C93-BDA1-216C3A7D2C8A.jpeg
    55373789-94F6-4C93-BDA1-216C3A7D2C8A.jpeg
    9.7 KB · Views: 4

greene_dawg

I haven’t put the two I bought together yet but it looks similar to the Millennium seat. I can’t wait to get down to camp and get them set up.
We have a ton of these at our camp. So far so good. The only real issue we have had is sometimes the ladder portion that the seat sets on can be wider than the gap needs to be to hold the seat in place. Can be a surprise if you aren't expecting it! Easily fixed with a small ratchet to keep it pulled together. Only 2 out of 12 or so have had this issue. Other than that I love the stands

georgiadawgs44

We have a ton of these at our camp. So far so good. The only real issue we have had is sometimes the ladder portion that the seat sets on can be wider than the gap needs to be to hold the seat in place. Can be a surprise if you aren't expecting it! Easily fixed with a small ratchet to keep it pulled together. Only 2 out of 12 or so have had this issue. Other than that I love the stands
That’s good to know. Thank you!

Permitchaser

I have a Buckshot climber that I love. Had it for years of bow hunting. Had back surgery 2 months ago so I may have to get a ladder

Sixes

After a few sits in the Hawk and seeing deer in range on every sit and having no deer even pay me any mind, I can only cuss myself for not doing this years before and instead climbing a tree hunt after hunt.