Anyone build a lime spreader??

hunter_58

I've seen this around for a while now. I think we would be better off, grouping together and buying one. or requesting a supplier buy one and we rent it. Does any one know of one to rent in N.E. GEORGIA ??

Just 1 More

Most places you buy lime from have pull behind hydrolic orerated spreaders that they will let you use. My problem is that my tractor is so old, it dosn't have the hydrolic hook ups

huntininmilan

i'm right there with you Just..... my little ole tractor doesn't have hydraulics either....had to pay the local farmer to use his big tractor and spread it for me! I heard you were independently wealthy....can you hook us up!:biggrin2:

shdw633

If you build it, can I borrow it from you!!! :biggrin2:

Just 1 More

i'm right there with you Just..... my little ole tractor doesn't have hydraulics either....had to pay the local farmer to use his big tractor and spread it for me! I heard you were independently wealthy....can you hook us up!:biggrin2:

Someone lied to you :rofl:
If you build it, can I borrow it from you!!!
If I build it and it works.. we'll all have lime parties :yeah:

hunter_58

it's gonna be nice to know some one with a lime spreader!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

huntininmilan

:yeah: count me in....i will be putting out at least 3-4 tons this early spring maybe more depending on some new plots i hope to get too:fine: :fine: :hair: :rofl:

Just 1 More

:yeah: count me in....i will be putting out at least 3-4 tons this early spring maybe more depending on some new plots i hope to get too:fine: :fine: :hair: :rofl:

THATS ALL??? I'm looking at 8 to 10 tons around April. Here is 5 tons from last June. We did 7 tons total and did it all with shovels :cry:

Attachments

• IMG_3557.JPG
    IMG_3557.JPG
    90.7 KB · Views: 694

DYI hunting

I am in need of a lime spreader too, but more for the garden. Wish I had the time to built that one.

My tractor has hydrolic hookups, but I have never used them. Susposingly they work, but my tractor is only a 40 HP, so I don't know how much it could handle.

huntininmilan

i remember when you put it out......as far as my needs it will depend on how close i am with the soil now.....some places i'm pretty close, others still need it!

Just 1 More

I am in need of a lime spreader too, but more for the garden. Wish I had the time to built that one.

My tractor has hydrolic hookups, but I have never used them. Susposingly they work, but my tractor is only a 40 HP, so I don't know how much it could handle.
YOu should have no problem with one of the spreaders they let you borrow at the lime dealer

oldblue

lime spreader

If you can find a 2 row or 4 row land plaster spreader these work real good. These were used to drop spread land plaster on peanuts. It doesnt take a big tractor to pull one and you can put about 1000 pds in a 2 row. As long as the lime is dry, it spreads it like a charm.

oldblue

Just 1 More

I was bored today and had a sheet of 3/4 plywood.,,, sooooo, I started on it..
IMG_5253.jpg

IMG_5252.jpg

IMG_5251.jpg

Hogguide

Banned
THATS ALL??? I'm looking at 8 to 10 tons around April. Here is 5 tons from last June. We did 7 tons total and did it all with shovels :cry:

Here is my Lime Spreader. Put out 30 Tons ($35.00 per ton-spread) last year in less than an hour. I sat in the truck sipping on a cold one, didn't even break a sweat.
Hogguide
::ke:

DSC00160.jpg

DSC00164.jpg