Anyone catching crappie?

ilbcnu

Males are smaller, usually have milt sacks instead of eggs

RamblinWreck

Usually? LOL Males never have eggs. The males get dark during spawn due to hormones, the females are generally bigger, lighter color, and are about to bust a gut they are so loaded with eggs. I've cleaned enough is my lifetime to learn a few things, but I'm not a biologist.

Fletch_W

Banned
Got in em this afternoon.

The first 1.5 hours seemed like it was gonna be a skunk fest then trolled over a spot that is normally a summer spot. Both rods went down, circled back, anchored, and coolered out quickly.

They didn't care the jig color once we found them.

Now I remember why I wanted an electric fillet knife. I got work to do.

96XibE8.jpg

RamblinWreck

Mmmmm, Tropicalia. Goes well with a crispy fillet and a hush puppy.

ADDICTED2HUNTIN

Where are y'all finding em at right now? Took my lil girl to oconee Saturday and caught some small ones. Nothing at all worth keeping. Not sure if I was shallow enough or not. All of the fish I caught were 6-9 foot trolling jigs and minnows

hawkeye123

Catching several right on banks in 2-3ft full of eggs , think we are on 3rd wave of spawn, some big schools in 5-7ft on brush, been a weird year for me , usually catch 60-40 on jigs ,1 slab on a jig all year, mainly dinks, bigger 12" fish all been on minners, first year without a 15" fish so far 14" biggest. got 8 over 12" sat pm though

Latest posts