Anyone catching crappie?

fish hawk

Bass Master
Trolled for 4 hours last Sat.caught 2 and lost a couple,trolled for 3 hours this past Sat. and caught 10 in 3 hours,they certainly wernt on fire but is was pretty steady,only one double.Ive been trolling in the 6 ft depth range with Bobby Garland baby shads, the water has been somewhat stained so I tried lights out on one pole and monkey milk on the other but even with the stain they preferred the more natural color,monkey milk.Im trolling those on a 1/16 oz jig head and cigar float.November has always been the best month in the fall for me and I expect it to bust wide open shortly.20201024_121629_copy_600x600.jpg20201024_123624_copy_600x600.jpg

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Of course each body of water could be different.

I caught several in the cast net friday. They were in 8 to 10 foot of water. Two were monsters. They were under schools of small shad.

Worley

Wore em out last week on Hartwell, but deep creek channel / brush ...25’ bottom and fish around 12’ deep. Garland jigs and minnows

Attachments

• 37C6130B-A065-4181-86FD-A08001946171.jpeg
    37C6130B-A065-4181-86FD-A08001946171.jpeg
    491.8 KB · Views: 142

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Wore em out last week on Hartwell, but deep creek channel / brush ...25’ bottom and fish around 12’ deep. Garland jigs and minnows
Nice catch , what brand and where did u find that table

the Lackster

I figured you been on some, i been smelling them at the house.

littlejon

I put some slime on the deck the other day. First stop caught a couple and when I went to leave my cranking battery was dead. Swaped out batteries with needle nose pliers (fun) and off I went with no trolling motor or electronics. Had to fish with a little wind and wing it a bit. Never the less I enjoyed myself. Tight lines!

Attachments

• 20201016_122031-756x756.jpg
    20201016_122031-756x756.jpg
    298.9 KB · Views: 14

Fletch_W

Banned
I don't know if it was here or somewhere else I was reading Fall crappie will often go shallower to their previous spawning grounds, sort of like a false spawn. But the replies in this thread contradict that. Or maybe the posts here saying they were barely catching them deep, maybe should have tried shallower?

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
I don't know if it was here or somewhere else I was reading Fall crappie will often go shallower to their previous spawning grounds, sort of like a false spawn. But the replies in this thread contradict that. Or maybe the posts here saying they were barely catching them deep, maybe should have tried shallower?
I caught mine in 12-15 fow.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Heck yeah been catching em. I never really tried very hard to go after crappie and they were mostly bycatch for me while bass fishing but I really upped my game on crappie fishing over the past few years and over the past 2 years especially I've been able to locate and catch them consistently from the bank year round! I just fished acworth for them this past Tuesday and caught a bunch of white crappie. No black crappie this time interestingly enough

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
Trolled for 4 hours last Sat.caught 2 and lost a couple,trolled for 3 hours this past Sat. and caught 10 in 3 hours,they certainly wernt on fire but is was pretty steady,only one double.Ive been trolling in the 6 ft depth range with Bobby Garland baby shads, the water has been somewhat stained so I tried lights out on one pole and monkey milk on the other but even with the stain they preferred the more natural color,monkey milk.Im trolling those on a 1/16 oz jig head and cigar float.November has always been the best month in the fall for me and I expect it to bust wide open shortly.View attachment 1046128View attachment 1046129
I think you hit the nail on the head there. I catch just as big a pile of crappie in November as I do in March. Seems to be that they're on fire about the same time the hybrids and white bass turn on. Water temperature is still too warm at the moment though. Still in the low 70 range. When we drop down to that magic 64-55 water temp range, we'll be SMASHING them!