Anyone have a Kioti or Mccormick tractor?

cr00241

I've been looking for a compact tractor. I have found these two tractors and researched online. They have more features then kubota at the same price point. I want a cab with FIL and 4x4. Was wondering if anyone on here has one and can give me an honest review. Thanks

Robert28

McCormick is built by Landini. They wouldn’t be my first choice of tractor and especially not against a Kioti. Kioti makes a fine tractor and you get alot of features. I have kubota and John Deere and the only reason I haven’t shopped Kioti is because they don’t have a dealer near me. TYM is another good tractor as is LS.

TomC

Kioti makes a FINE tractor. I did a ton of research before ultimately buying a Kubota but Kioti was second on my list. If you research into which tractor companies have the most control over their builds you will start to realize that the vast majority of the compact tractors (even the BIG name brands) are simply assembled in a plant from parts sourced all over the place painted a certain color with a decal slapped on. I think Kubota is head and shoulders above all of them in terms of quality control and the fact that you are actually buying a tractor that in large part is ACTUALLY made by the company whose label is on the tractor. The one issue you will run into with Kioti and this is certainly the case in Georgia is dealer support. Head north to Tennessee / Kentucky and you will find much better Kioti dealer support than in Georgia which definitely needs to factor in to your decision. Don't let "marketing bells and whistles" or a slick tongue salesman distract you from what you really need to look at...........look at how these compact tractors are MADE, the quality of the components they are made from and where ALL the parts are coming from. After a year or so of research it was more than clear that the Kubota's are no question the finest compact tractors you can buy! Look at adding a third function, fill the tires with beet juice or similar, quick attach front bucket (not a pin-on bucket) and a quick hitch of some sort. I have two quick hitches, the Kubota quick hitch and also a Pat's quick hitch. I MUCH prefer the Pat's quick hitch and will work with any brand of tractor or implement. Also in the compact tractors a HUGE benefit to the Kubota is a three speed Hydrostat transmission. You will appreciate having a third speed which a number of compact tractors lack. I'd go simple to......fewer computers and bells and whistles the better!

Last edited:

TurkeyDreamer

Recent Kubota purchase here and I mirror everything TomC said. I almost bought Kioti and would have if they had what I wanted in stock and it wasn’t gonna take 3 months to receive. Timing was poor with Covid delays so that wasn’t entirely the dealer’s fault. My local Kubota dealer has been fabulous and I would buy another Kubota without even researching other brands at this point.

But since you asked about Kioti, if you can find the model you need and have good local dealer support, I suggest you buy one.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
A good friend of mine has had a Kioti for about ten years now. I've used it several times. Seems like a good tractor, and I don't think he's ever had any trouble out of it.

Worley

Kubota and Kioti really shouldn’t be used in the same sentence. One is a original and the other is a South Korean knock off.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Kubota and Kioti really shouldn’t be used in the same sentence. One is a original and the other is a South Korean knock off.
The Kioti one of my friends owns has been much more reliable and less trouble than the Kubota another one of my friends owns, just sayin.

Worley

The Kioti one of my friends owns has been much more reliable and less trouble than the Kubota another one of my friends owns, just sayin.
?????epic

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
?????epic
Just stating the facts. That Kioti is a solid tractor. Don't know if that's the rule or the exception. And the Kubota my other buddy owns has been nothing but trouble. From previous experience, I'll call that the exception. I've been running tractors of all kinds and brands on a daily basis for nearly 40 years, btw, from compacts to big backhoes and farm tractors, so I'm not just speaking out of my butt. Brand loyalty can get stupid, just like the Ford/Chevy debate. I lean toward New Holland and Massey, myself. I would take a Kubota over a JD any day.

TomC

Yes the Kioti is a very good tractor and it irritated me how some salesman (including Kubota) said negative things that had no basis similar to what is written above. The only issue with Kioti is if you have a dealer support. I don't think Kioti is as refined as a Kubota, smoothness of raising and lower FEL and 3-pt hitch and I think Kubota has the best engine / transmission in the under 50hp tractors but in compact tractors I would not look any further than a Kubota or Kioti. You can find people that have problems with their Kubota's but Lord help the nightmare stories you can find with very little looking around on all the other brands compacts. Lack of quality control and to many unnecessary computers and bells and whistles on most tractors that can and apparently do wrong. If you do look into Kubota shop around. Their pricing is ALL OVER THE BOARD, and that's an understatement. I saw over a $6k difference in pricing on 4 dealers within an hour or so of me on identically spec's 25hp tractor and implements. See if the Kubota equestrian discount still applies. You will find some dealers totally unaware of it, and you don't have to own a horse or a horse farm to qualify for it......look into it!!! Don't overlook insurance into your purchase decision. Kubota's KTAC is unmatched. Look into how easy claims are handled via KTAC and the ridiculous number of things that KTAC coverage covers. Read the fine-print on your homeowners / farm or other insurance policy you might want to put your tractor under. The KTAC is a no brainer and you can still get it even if you pay cash for the tractor.

And again check out the Pat's quick hitch. It takes a tad longer to hook up your implement because you have to manually connect the top link but its great because you have much better unfettered access to connect pro driven implements and will work with any brand of implement whereas this will not be the case with a typical quick hitch that will require quick hitch compatible implements. I had read about how good the Pat's was but ended up initially getting the much higher priced Kubota Qh15 quick hitch. Now that I've got the Pat' I'll be selling the Kubota quick hitch.

Last edited:

Ray357

AWOL
I've been looking for a compact tractor. I have found these two tractors and researched online. They have more features then kubota at the same price point. I want a cab with FIL and 4x4. Was wondering if anyone on here has one and can give me an honest review. Thanks
LS, Kubota, and MF are all hard to beat.

cr00241

Thanks for the replies. We bought a Kubota M6060 new in 2017. Our main concern with it was that the 3pt lift wouldn't lift anything high. Disc, bushhog, rack, etc. If I was discing, it would still drag when I lifted to make turns. Went back to the dealer and looked everything over and said that was just the way it was. The 3930 will lift anything sky high and doesn't allow the implement to bang on/off the trailer. Also had a regen problem but was covered under warranty. I don't think I can get away from that anymore unless I find an older tractor. I wouldn't mind going back Kubota for a cab tractor because the dealer is so close but the Kioti already comes with remotes and other features standard that I will have to pay extra for with the Kubota.

John Cooper

?Now I Got One A Them Banner Things
We have a 40hp pre emissions Kubota, wouldn't trade it for anything!!!

Most all the compact tractors are made over seas now. Probably one is as good as the other.