Anyone hunt turkeys out of state

Ptjackets

Looking for a place someone would recommend to hunt out of state? I’m looking for a guided hunt.

Last edited:

Dupree

Looking for a place someone would recommend to hunt out of state?
Pick what state you want to hunt. Search harvest records and see what you can find online about certain areas. Research seasons and laws for the state/area and pick some spots on the map that look like good listening spots then go from there. If you don’t find sign or not hearing birds, then relocate.

Gaswamp

Hawaii

cowhornedspike

Have killed lots of turkeys in other states...public land. Have never been guided so can't help with that.

Gut_Pile

Pick a subspecies
Pick a state
Google some guide services
Ask for references!!
Go have fun

Hawken2222

I have hunted out of state several times. The majority of my hunting out of state has been on private ground. I have a buddy in Kentucky who does outfitted hunts. He has several farms and he will drive you to the farm a day before your hunt begins and give you thr lay of the land then you hunt on your own for the duration of your hunt. It’s not guided but you have access to good ground and knowone else will be hunting it. He will do some guiding but it’s very limited. Send me a PM and I can get you in touch with him if you’re interested. He may already be full though for this spring

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Ive deer hunted with NW Missouri outfitters , never turkey hunted with them but they offer guided turkey hunts and have a great lodge. Great folks too.
A great lodge is what I look for now. With a good cook and a bar! I'm as much into the mancation now as I am the hunt!

The OP your question is broad, at least narrow it down to a region. An other state in the south east? West? North west? Midwest?

Ptjackets

We are going to South Dakota to the Rose Bud Indian reservation to hunt turkeys. We are going to drive and was looking for a couple of places to hunt on the way either there or the way back. Species really doesn’t matter. We have already killed a grand slam just wanted to hunt some turkeys as our property here in Georgia doesn’t have turkeys.

Beagler282

“Rabbit Man”
We are going to South Dakota to the Rose Bud Indian reservation to hunt turkeys. We are going to drive and was looking for a couple of places to hunt on the way either there or the way back. Species really doesn’t matter. We have already killed a grand slam just wanted to hunt some turkeys as our property here in Georgia doesn’t have turkeys.
It's crazy how many birds are on that place. My last time there I seen 17 different toms at one time glassing from a high hill. Good luck on your hunt

turkeyhuntinfool

We hunt the Ogala Sioux reservation in western South Dakota yearly and after limiting in that state we cross over and hunt Nebraska. If you want to hunt Nebraska you have a very short window to get tags. Nebraska is down to about 350 turkey permits left out of 10,000 non resident tags they have limited it to. They should sell out by tomorrow. You can buy up to two tags in Nebraska.

Jim