Anyone interested in going to AZ, for a Mule Deer hunt?

I am planning on going to AZ for a Mule Deer hunt in December. Probably will be a 7 to 10 day trip. I want to see if anyone else will be interested in joining? This way it will help with the driving part, and cost. With the rental, gas food, tags, and probably one stop at a hotel room. It’s looking like it can be done with about a thousand dollars a person. Would love to have 3 or 4 people. The hunt will be in open country and public land. If you want to know more about the hunt OnX did a blog on this hunt. This is the link on it
. Or just PM me. Looking forward to meeting likeminded people that just like being outdoors.

cowhornedspike

I've done it (Wyoming) with 4 hunters and won't do that again...just too much trouble trying to coordinate it all while hunting. 2 hunters is just right though! Good luck!

I've done it (Wyoming) with 4 hunters and won't do that again...just too much trouble trying to coordinate it all while hunting. 2 hunters is just right though! Good luck!

if I could get one or two guys I would love it. But I am willing to do a solo trip. I been wanting to do this hunt for 3 years now, and I only have one hunting buddy. So I figured let’s send an invite on the page and see what I get.

Did they change archery deer season ? Was the month of January when I lived and hunted there several years ago.

I will make sure. But I believe it starts in December. I got two weeks off in December, so I hope it’s in December. If not I got plenty of vacation time.

uturn

I’ve seen this before...there’s other places in the region worth looking at as well...I’d consider going too!

GregoryB.

If you go in January you may be able to draw a Javelina tag for the area you plan to deer hunt. I believe the draw is sometime around the end of October.

Trying to be on the road on the 16th. Drive for 12 hour, and get there on the 17th to set up camp. Probably head back on the 23rd. But if I go alone. I will probably stay till the 30th.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I can’t go but boy that sounds like a blast! Can’t wait to hear the tail of how it goes!

GregoryB.

I prefer the Huachuca Mountains for Couse Deer and Javelina in January. I have missed some nice ones with the bow down there. Anywhere in AZ is always an adventure.

I prefer the Huachuca Mountains for Couse Deer and Javelina in January. I have missed some nice ones with the bow down there. Anywhere in AZ is always an adventure.
Yes I am really looking forward to this hunt. Just wish it would be with a group, and possibly make it a yearly thing. It seams like it’s hard to make hunting buddies. Would love to have some people to hang with to sling some arrow with, and camp and hunt with.