Anyone miss thier wife or husband??

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
My boys were 6 & 10 when their mom died. I’m never positive I did the best by them but I surely tried my best. I wasn’t afraid to let them see me grieve and encouraged them to if it seemed right. It’s pretty healthy, not grieving isn’t good. They are in their 30’s now and considering the young men they were then and who they are now they came out okay. The older one maybe would have benefited from counseling which some suggested. He probably needed some for other reasons like being selfish and being a less motivated dreamer, very bright though. It’s a really tough road to travel and keeping or working things back together with The Holy Spirit can be tough but necessary. I’ve come to believe she has helped watch over us and kept us safe.

A good grounded counselor is very important.

sleepr71

Prayers for all of you going through tough times. Be patient,strong & keep your faith. It’s all you can do. There’s only so much we are in control of.
For those that have lost kids/grandkids...my heart goes out. My younger brother passed away at 30,after a surgery, from a blood clot. I can tell you wholeheartedly that my parents aren’t the same since..even having grandkids now. I don’t think that pain ever goes away..it just shrinks some as time passes. I think I’ll go hug my hard headed Wife & younguns now...

Oldstick

I always thought I would be the first to go.....and accepted that and have planned accordingly.

I don't know what the tomorrows will bring..... can only face the challenges of today.

Today's challenges are the toughest I've been through. My bride of 27 years is stricken with metastatic cancer that's in most of her bones, liver, lung and two weeks ago we found it was in her brain as well.

She began whole brain radiation on Monday....and wasn't able to complete Thursday's session due to having a seizure right when we were getting her into position.

She is doing better each day and I pray that we can resume the radiation on Monday.

Her faith is strong and God has placed some incredible medical people in her path....praying people. An oncologist who leads us in prayer every visit. Amazing feeling. Surgeon who did the same. Loving nurses who are answering their calling.

I wish it was me and not her.

Prayers from us as well Dub. As much trouble as we have experienced over the years, it still does not come close to what you all are going through. I was very scared a couple years ago, when my oldest daughter (around 30) got Hodgkin's Lymphoma followed shortly by my wife's breast cancer diagnosis. Still scared for the future, but seems both of them have come through it for now.

KentuckyHeadhunter

I'm reading this in my car while my wife is at an oncologist appt. So scared and not sure what's wrong yet. I can't ever lose her or I will lose myself. Dub prayers sent to you brother and all the others here. What is strange to me is how we get little signs when someone passes. I've lost family and friends and always got some kind of "message" from them.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm reading this in my car while my wife is at an oncologist appt. So scared and not sure what's wrong yet. I can't ever lose her or I will lose myself. Dub prayers sent to you brother and all the others here. What is strange to me is how we get little signs when someone passes. I've lost family and friends and always got some kind of "message" from them.

I’m sitting in the lobby of the Piedmont facility in Brookhaven while my wife gets an MRI on her liver and brother this thread is hitting me hard. My prayers follow all of you who have lost family. I have lost my parents and some very good friends and I don’t like to talk about it much. The pain is still there.

buckpasser

This thread is just so heavy. I’m praying for all my GON brothers and sisters that are hurting and battling illness right now. May God lighten your loads and bring you comfort.

As for signs, I’ve never experienced one until my Grandfather passed away last Tuesday morning. I woke up convinced it was time to get ready for work (I thought it was 6:00 or so), looked at the clock and it was 4:05. I Laid down confused as to why I popped up (I don’t normally wake up unless sick or alerted by something), thought about my Papa and his illness, and before I could doze off got a text from my mother telling me Papa had just passed. I have no doubt he swung by to see me on his way out. I certainly appreciate the gesture!

warronl

Lost my wife 10 years ago, think about her every day. She was my best friend. Miss her everyday.
Sir I'm truly sorry for your loss. My Wife is my fishing buddy, my shooting partner, my everything in between. I can't imagine how tough it must be.

warronl

This is my Pop! He was called home a little over seven years ago. I have pictures of me sitting on his shoulders holding our fishing rods with him chest deep in water. He'd carry me through spots that I was too small to wade. He taught me how to clean fish, bait hooks, build Hotrods, and be respectful. He taught me to know when to stand my ground, and when it was best to just let it go, as he put it "Which Mountains to fight for". This pic was taken before we got in the truck to go on our last fishing trip. What I wouldn't give to stand over one more bluegill bed with him. Pops and me.jpg

onedude

This is my Pop! He was called home a little over seven years ago. I have pictures of me sitting on his shoulders holding our fishing rods with him chest deep in water. He'd carry me through spots that I was too small to wade. He taught me how to clean fish, bait hooks, build Hotrods, and be respectful. He taught me to know when to stand my ground, and when it was best to just let it go, as he put it "Which Mountains to fight for". This pic was taken before we got in the truck to go on our last fishing trip. What I wouldn't give to stand over one more bluegill bed with him. View attachment 1069380
Great Picture!