Anyone on Jekyll today?

charlie81

Got here last night and fished for a couple hours with the kids but didn’t do anything. Went out to the pier this morning around 845 and fished til 2:00. Nothing but a few small croaker and spade fish. Gonna try again this evening. Anyone else fishing?

GONoob

Sounds super slow, what were you using for bait? We're thinking about making a quick 2-night trip.

oldboat

Wife and I fished St Simons sound and the north end of Jekyll river for a few hours this afternoon.
On the plus side we got some small whiting on fishbites and a fair blacktip on fresh cut bait. I had a good fight with a drag screamer. Finally broke my 40lb braid.
On the negative side. There was oil on the marsh grass in several places, but booms and barriers are up. Sidney Lanier bridge ramp is closed. Mackey ramp jammed with boats/powered barges working the shipwreck.
Personal side! Depth/ GPS quit and found I have a leak in the hull some where!
Still a better day than watching Saturday TV!

Last edited:

charlie81

We were using live shrimp and frozen mullet. Went back this evening and didn’t catch a thing. There were some people catching some big drum though.

BrileyDog

On St Simons now. Went to Goulds Inlet yesterday, fished the morning and the bite was terrible. Managed one good size whiting and one fish that looked like a tarpon, but I’m not sure that tried to pull me into the water before it tore the hook off of 40# leader..lol.. Went back and fished the incoming tide about 4pm till almost dark and did not get one bite on shrimp or fresh mullet!! ??‍♂️ Think I’m going to Jekyll to fish today.

WalkinDead

Banned
We have been doing fairly well over the last two weeks at Jekyll Pier and the north beach by the pier for bull reds on fresh cut mullet. We seine for the mullet, then go fishing for the reds. Day or night seemed to make no difference. These are just a few of the ones we have caught.

Attachments

• Red10.jpg
    Red10.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Red11.jpg
    Red11.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 13
  • Red12.jpg
    Red12.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 10
  • Red13.jpg
    Red13.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Red14.jpg
    Red14.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Red15.jpg
    Red15.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Red16.jpg
    Red16.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 11
  • Redfish.jpg
    Redfish.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 10

WalkinDead

Banned
Nice founder there. You may have spoken to our friend Ray, he was at the pier last night. We weren't at the pier last evening. He caught a 40" ray he thought might have weighed around 100 lbs. last night.

charlie81

Yeah that must have been him it was dark and couldn’t really see. I saw that ray on facebook. It was huge!