Anyone own an AB3?

ringorock

I'm looking at getting the browning ab3 micro in 6.5 for my 12 year old daughter. Think the recoil will be pretty tame? Other options?

Reactions: Dub

Mattval

7mm-08 Rem <--- I just love it. You can get low recoil ammo and then when she is older go to full power load. 6.5 creedmore is cool but within 300 yrds it is no better than anything else. I believe it starts to outshine other cartridges at 800 yrds. Just my opionion ! but hey get something awesome!

ringorock

7mm-08 Rem <--- I just love it. You can get low recoil ammo and then when she is older go to full power load. 6.5 creedmore is cool but within 300 yrds it is no better than anything else. I believe it starts to outshine other cartridges at 800 yrds. Just my opionion ! but hey get something awesome!

I didn't choose the 6.5 on purpose. I just had an opportunity to pick up the micro version for my daughter. I changed my mind any who. She'll just keep using the .223 until she can comfortable hold the t3x lite. No point in buying another rifle right now.

Thanks. What I'd really like to do is let her use my 308 t3x, but it kicks like a small mule.

You can buy some reduced recoil loads from Hornady at Midway for your T3. I tried them in my .308 Marlin XS7 for my Grandson to use and the recoil was indistinguishable from a Model Seven in .243 I shot back to back with it.

The POI was VERY close to full house factory .308 @50 yards too. If you figure the difference @100 (if any) and write it down, you should be able to switch back and forth with the two loads after a quick, minor scope adjustment.

mhayes

You can buy some reduced recoil loads from Hornady at Midway for your T3. I tried them in my .308 Marlin XS7 for my Grandson to use and the recoil was indistinguishable from a Model Seven in .243 I shot back to back with it.

The POI was VERY close to full house factory .308 @50 yards too. If you figure the difference @100 (if any) and write it down, you should be able to switch back and forth with the two loads after a quick, minor scope adjustment.

I did that with my son and his 7-08 when he left his 243 at the door. When we went shooting I took the reduced recoil loads and let him burn the barrel up. But there was so little difference in POI that when he went hunting he had full loads. He never knew the difference in the woods. BUt it was pleasant enough for him to practice with at the range