Anyone sick?

Mauser

We're good so far, but neighbor 3 houses down has it. But he's doing ok so far. He's mid 50s with no other health conditions. Had another guy I knew from clay county tested negative but had all the symptoms,went to THE funeral in Albany. Healthy,early sixties. He died Thursday. Step sister works as physical therapist at Pelham nursing home where it's exploding. National guard came in to help sanitize it

Reactions: Dub

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
Nope but I know of several 3rd hand instances like others on here. I manage a portfolio of apartment communities across the country - we have a couple properties where residents have tested positive. Out of thousands of units, I know of only 4 residents but they are in the midwest, not hot areas. I'm sure there are more cases at the properties, residents just haven't told us.

The good thing is, if you don't do certain things - namely, unnecessarily touch other people, congregate in close-proximity groups and refuse to wash your hands vigorously and often, you don't have a whole lot to worry about. Interact with everyone outside of your household as if you have it and they have it. Simple.

livetohunt

I know a couple who had it..They said it was a nonevent..Similar to a cold or minor flu. This virus seems to take out the old or weak..If you are fairly healthy, then it should not be an issue(most cases). IMO it's not worth shutting down the country and destroying the economy. Let nature take its course.

Dub

I don't know of anyone who has it...my family is clear...Mom, Dad, Sister's family...all good.

Checked in with my 34 employees and each of them & their families are all good.

I've got a good friend who is an EMT/firefighter that I've not been able to get in contact with that has me worried.

Following the shelter-in-place protocol, using the online shopping when we can and using rubber gloves and mask when going out.

My wife is fighting through case of shingles to go along with her cancer, but the latest meds have all of her cancer & shingles symptoms addressed to the point where she is feeling confident and staying on top of the pain. She is absolutely amazing and never ceases to amaze and inspire me with her faith, grace and loving nature. Sweet as the day is long.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
It is going to have to run me down. We avoid any close contact with anyone.

specialk

Nope....

Don’t know anyone with it or having had it. Not in a hundred member Church or anyone in the combined circle of people they know? For something so contagious it doesn’t seem to be very prevalent unless you live stacked on top of each other in a big city

greg j

So far , so good...Don't know of anyone in my circle of friends that has it as of yet.
Of course my circle of friends can be counted on one hand:) Trying to stay away from people as much as possible at work and in public whenever i have to go out. Hopefully
I and my family can outlast this thing, however long that ends up being.

ryanh487

A friend just had 2 cousins die from it. 1 was 29 and the other 39. The 29 year old had drug issues and the 39 year old had asthma.

BeerThirty

The closest infection I have heard is from a guy in my church small group. Believe an employee/office at the Fayetteville PD got it. I do not know anyone personally who has got it yet...

ryanh487

My sister just got sent home from work with a fever today. Says she feels fine and didn't even know she had one until they checked her at work. Hopefully it's nothing.