Anyone tried this?

Bubba_1122

My house backs up to a river bottom. Couldn't go outside at or beyond dusk when I first moved in because of the mosquitos.

Have a fella that sprays for mosquitos out back with a back pack blower and permethrin. Ain't any skeeters around after that.

Need to get me one of them blowers and blow around all my deer stands. :D

Last edited:

Kris87

The Sawyer's Picaridin in the blue aerosol can works very well on mosquitoes. It is slightly greasy, but doesn't dry that way. It doesn't have a smell that I can detect. I'm a big fan of Sawyer's products.

j_seph

I have a pool in the backyard and folks over most every weekend and no one ever mentions mosquitoes anymore. Before we started having it sprayed, it was a constant battle and trying everything under the sun to keep from getting ate up about dark.
DUH your in a pool, they cannot bite underwater. Just hold your breathe!

j_seph

I found last year, do not sit with thermacell too close to your face especially where you are breathing the smoke and it is getting on you. I got numb lips! Started to wonder if I was having a stroke. Quick searching I found that it could do this

Silent Assassin

I found last year, do not sit with thermacell too close to your face especially where you are breathing the smoke and it is getting on you. I got numb lips! Started to wonder if I was having a stroke. Quick searching I found that it could do this
Well don't wear it around your neck :p

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree

Whats the chances??? Just today in my FB memories a link came up from a 2009 GA opening weekend LFTT thread (my last GA Live thread) and while reading it and complaining about the heat I mentioned that I had the urge to see what the blue pad from my thermacell tastes like. Not a good idea. Tongue and lips and cheeks all numb :rofl:

PapaT

Many of you know that I hate mosquitoes, biting flies, gnats etc...or at least you may know I complain about them a lot :bounce: I also hate the smell and greasy feel of bug spray, but of course use it like it's going out of style especially when in the woods this time of year. I also really hate using it when just in the backyard shooting, but the danged devil bugs eat me alive!

I ran across Ranger Ready products and they have a Zero Scent version. I bit the bullet (not cheap) and bought a bottle and although I havent used it in the yard or woods yet, it literally has no scent and the little bit I sprayed on my arm didnt feel greasy.

Any reviews from yall???

https://rangerready.com/collections...er-ready-trigger-spray-scent-zero-235ml-8-0oz

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07TBHXZ33/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Look up Spartan Mosquito Eradicator, for area where you shoot. Had a friend put one 60 feet from his patio, and no more mosquitos.

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Yes, they sure can make you seriously sick, possibly even kill you. My father had one mess him up real bad several years ago at deer camp. He had it sitting too close to him and kept smelling it while sitting at the picnic table. He was in bad shape when I got back to camp and found him. Sick to his stomach, bad headache, blurry vision, slurring his speech, pouring sweat, stomach running off. He couldn't even stand up and walk without help. He was all messed up that day. Scared me to death. He told me he could smell it once in awhile, but never moved it. I joke a lot around here, but I wouldn't joke about this. Thermacells are great for keeping away skeeters, but you sure better keep it at a safe distance. If you can smell it, reposition it. If and when I use mine, I let it hang from the foot piece of my climber. I never have it up near my head. If you use one while hunting from the ground, maybe place it behind you. Anywhere as long as you can't smell it.

1982ace

I never had problem with thermacell in the tree, but in the ground blind one time a buddy and I had both of ours lit.we were in the swamp turkey hunting and they were real thick. the smoke in there is bellowing out of there like Cheech and Chong was hunting with us.

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
I used the Ranger Ready (link in 1st post) last evening for about 45 minutes shooting until it was dead dark. Not a single bite. Had one lite on my hand, but didnt bite. Just as advertised, its not greasy and has no discernible odor. Had a bit of smell as I sprayed it, but went away immediately.

It dried clean enough that after I shot I forgot I had it on and and was sitting on the couch drinking a very very large and cold adult beverage before I remembered I had it on. Normally I would come in and go straight to the shower because of the nasty greasy sweaty Off.

So far so good...course there may have just not been many skeeters last eve, but I doubt it