ANYONE USE A CVA SXS

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
For Turkey and waterfowl hunting? Aquired one recently and have shot it, max range is 30 yards.

Fixed choke, mod and IC

Tried different loads, but the plastic cup patterned a lot better than anything else.

For waterfowl, I will use bismuth.

My best load is 85 grains of pyrodex and 1 1/4 oz of shot. Any other recommendations?

Attachments

• received_107221858034052.jpeg
    received_107221858034052.jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 27

dtala

that looks exactly like my old Navy Arms SXS 12 ga. I killed a bunch of turkeys with it shooting #6 copper plated shot over black powder.

WOODIE13

that looks exactly like my old Navy Arms SXS 12 ga. I killed a bunch of turkeys with it shooting #6 copper plated shot over black powder.

I was mixing mine, 6s and 8s...good dense pattern out of the Modified

Jack Flynn

Are you cutting petals down the side of the plastic cup? If they are pre cut, get some uncut ones from Brownells and just cut them about half inch deep. That pattern will tighten up a BUNCH. You'll have to experiment a little to get the depth cut that works best but it'll make a huge difference. Also use a felt wad between the cup and the powder. Pack it tight! Then a couple of felt wads on top of the shot load. Oiled felt wads btw, you order them that way. Bismuth is the only way to go all around.

aabradley82

I had a CVA SxS. Handles like a fine piece of fence post so it went away. Fun for squirrels but never did well on the fly.

WOODIE13

I had a CVA SxS. Handles like a fine piece of fence post so it went away. Fun for squirrels but never did well on the fly.

Might have to up my sluicing game:cool: