Anyone use a decoy lanyard?

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
So I have been trying to lighten the load, but find myself carrying 1 decoy quite a bit. Even with just one, I’d rather not hold it, but it was he only way. I finally decided to make a lanyard for my decoys. I have O craftsmanship as you can tell, but I think it’ll work. I just learned this knot and didn’t even realize it is adjustable until after I tied the main rope together for the first time. Then I figured I’d use that same adjustable knot for each holding whatever you call them. ......man I can’t wait til Tuesday!

009D9FC9-72E0-4317-99ED-6052E39881D7.jpeg

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I got to make a pouch for the stakes, but that should not be too tough......and another fun thing to do:wink:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
No way I would walk through the woods with that slung over my shoulder, especially if I hunted public land.
I knew someone would think that, but I seriously have no worries where I go. Thanks for caring though.:bounce:

Hillbilly stalker

So I have been trying to lighten the load, but find myself carrying 1 decoy quite a bit. Even with just one, I’d rather not hold it, but it was he only way. I finally decided to make a lanyard for my decoys. I have O craftsmanship as you can tell, but I think it’ll work. I just learned this knot and didn’t even realize it is adjustable until after I tied the main rope together for the first time. Then I figured I’d use that same adjustable knot for each holding whatever you call them. ......man I can’t wait til Tuesday!

View attachment 1014278
FYI , That's called a Fishermans knot.

toolmkr20

I just roll mine up and put it in my vest. My vest has a decoy carry area in the back where my butt pad flips down. No way on public or private land would I ever carry a visible decoy. Too many idiotic poachers out there just saying.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Are you trying to make a snare to catch a gobbler

Nope! I may use it to carry him out on it when I get him though :rockon:

Love the CR BAG!

I had a vest but it was too big and I put way too much in it. Right now I’m trying to lighten things up, but I like having a decoy. I may take a patch of Camo burlap and cover the decoys til their set and I bet I can find a spot That needs a patch of burlap in my setup......brainstorming here:bounce:

Dean

There are multiple new vest that include such a lanyard - specially to tote decoys because these vest don't have decoy bag sown in...they also include florescent orange 'flag' that can be used for safety. Anyway, with you homemade lanyard, include some hunters orange if you are concerned about walking with decoy on back.

Fully understand being concerned about sitting on ground with decoy "strapped" to back via lanyard...public and even some private land!

Permitchaser

I have an old Redhead vest. I can fit a blow up hen, a foam hen, stakes and my big primos gobbler decoy. Ive had that vest for over 30 years. I just can't find a new one i like. It's old school camo. Turkeys still can't see me

MesquiteHeat

I just roll mine up and put it in my vest. My vest has a decoy carry area in the back where my butt pad flips down. No way on public or private land would I ever carry a visible decoy. Too many idiotic poachers out there just saying.

A poacher and somebody that would shoot a decoy a man is carrying are two different things entirely.