Anyone Use Death Grip BOG Tripod

HogKillaDNR

First off thanks for making me a member. This is my first year actually trying hog hunting so I purchased a Death Grip tripod. I was wondering if anyone else uses this? I keep that and a set of trigger sticks with me depending on how I'll set up or be running and gunning.

Todd E

Do I use one......no. Do I need one, yes. All I need to do is buy the head as it will fit my current pod. I've missed too many hogs off my pod since I just cannot always get steady with gun cradled in that yoke. But my pod is great for running and gunning. Im most steady off my Caldwell Magnum Field Pod. But it is not light and a beast to lug around running and gunning. Please let me know how yours works out. Please let me know if you are able to go ahead and lock the gun in the head and carry it all as one unit somehow. I've seen guys do it with ARs, but my hog gun is a big heavy precision rifle.

HogKillaDNR

This particular model doesn't allow you to lock the gun in and run. It has a clap that holds it tight which I'm having some issues with. The overall set up is nice and the different rest angles really help for prone, sitting and standing. I just need to get on some summertime hogs or coyotes to really be successful. It's heavier than some but its not bad considering I carry my backpack and rifle.

ChidJ

I don't have the BOG Deathgrip but I have been shooting off of tripods a lot lately. I'll just say this. The clamp is good for adapting with a variety of rifles that may not be set up to shoot off of a tripod but it isn't ideal. The problem with the clamp is that it it just has a lot of flex to it. Its just inherent in the fact that its rubber. Also, the tripod it comes with doesn't look terribly beefy. That will compound the flexing issue. It's certainly better than off hand shooting but if you want to get something a little more solid, get an ARCA rail adapter for your rifle and direct attach to a proper ball head or leveling head rather than a clamp. Also, look at getting a tripod with a load rating WAY over the weight of your rifle setup. I'd be willing to bet a lot that a tripod rated for 50 lbs with a ballhead to match will be oodles more stable than the BOG DeathGrip. For reference, I have used the Hog Saddle rifle clamp and the Battle Steel GunJaw.

stonecreek

I’m kind of budget minded. Sometimes my budget purchases work and sometimes they don’t. When I was looking for a grip head for my tri pod I found one for less than $30 on Amazon and decided to give it a try. Put it on a Vanguard tri pod with floating head. It has worked pretty good will hold any of my long guns and AR platform weapons. Solid grip. This pic is from this morning.0963B916-E591-4B83-ADBB-BDD87563E29B.jpeg

Last edited:

HogKillaDNR

I’m kind of budget minded. Sometimes my budget purchases work and sometimes they don’t. When I was looking for a grip head for my tri pod I found one for less than $30 on Amazon and decided to give it a try. Put it on a Vanguard tri pod with floating head. It has worked pretty good will hold any of my long guns and AR platform weapons. Solid grip. This pic is from this morning.View attachment 1082818
That looks awesome. What were you hunting?

HogKillaDNR

Steven037

Just picked up the Bog Death Grip this weekend. The carbon fiber. Only set it up in the house but I like it so far. Very steady and holds the different rifles and ar’s well. Quick and easy. Gonna take it to the farm and shoot some groups so I can get used to shooting off a tripod.

HogKillaDNR

Just picked up the Bog Death Grip this weekend. The carbon fiber. Only set it up in the house but I like it so far. Very steady and holds the different rifles and ar’s well. Quick and easy. Gonna take it to the farm and shoot some groups so I can get used to shooting off a tripod.

Awesome, I bet that carbon is pretty light.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Remember carbon fiber can conduit electricity.