Anyone use these primers

deerslayer357

I have not, but wouldn’t buy them unless I was hard up for large rifle primers. I bought 5k unis/ginex large rifle primers and 8/100 are duds.

deerslayer357

I hadn’t had issues with the ginex yet but have only shot maybe 100.
Well I hope you don’t.
I have shot maybe 300 and so far they vary from 5-8/100 being duds- in several different rifles that have had no problems with cci or federal.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Ginex was all my buddy could get for small pistol at one point and other than them being a little tight there weren't any complaints from people that bought them that I am aware of.

probably wouldn't hurt to try some

frankwright

I have fired 3000 Ginex SP in several different guns including some light sprung competition guns. They have been 100% so far and I was turned on to them by another shooter with same experience.
They do seat a little snugger but no problems.
Hard to believe rifle primers would be less reliable.

deerslayer357

Maybe I got a bad batch or something. It has gotten to the point that I only use them for range ammo. I have a couple hundred CCI’s stuck back and I used them to load 10 rounds of each load I planned to use to hunt with solely for hunting.

Liberty

Ruag is owned by Norma and it looks like the primers are coming from Switzerland or Germany. I think they look promising.

Dub

I was seeing these Argentine-made primers (small pistola) showing up for sale on Powder Valley and through Norma.

I ordered some and tried them out.

Zero problems whatsoever.

So far I've loaded and shot 100 in spp .45acp over HP-38 and 500 in .38 Super over AA#7.

IMG_9643.jpeg

IMG_9520.jpeg

IMG_9801.jpeg

IMG_9803.jpeg

They worked without issue and I've added some more to the stash.

IMG_9183.jpeg