Anyone watch Dune yet?

jollyroger

I've been a fan of this book since I read it 20+ years ago and was sorely disappointed in that weird 1980s movie they did.

It has been said that this story would never be able to be filmed.

Well this guy Denis Villanova has proven the critics wrong.

Do yourselves a favor and watch this one.

If you have HBO Max it is streaming right now.

snookdoctor

I tried. Got through about 45 minutes before I fell asleep.
Not my thing I guess.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't yet, but I will. I really liked the books, but hated the crappy movies they made.

ChidJ

A couple guys at work who have read the book went and said it was pretty good. I'm not a movie goer but am glad it wasn't a complete flop. Dune was a series that I don't think ever quite got the respect it deserved.

Taking the first half of the first book and making a film out of it seemed like a fools errand to me but they seem to have pulled it off.

jollyroger

A couple guys at work who have read the book went and said it was pretty good. I'm not a movie goer but am glad it wasn't a complete flop. Dune was a series that I don't think ever quite got the respect it deserved.

Taking the first half of the first book and making a film out of it seemed like a fools errand to me but they seem to have pulled it off.
I saw it as a labor of love from one Dune fan to another.

This guy pulled it off.

earlthegoat2

I read the first book and it was good but not really good enough for me to care about reading any others.

I watched part of the 80s film and just scratched my head. What a botched job that was.

I’ll be checking out this one I think.

The Original Rooster

Mayor of Spring Hill
Haven't yet, but I will. I really liked the books, but hated the crappy movies they made.
Yep, the book and books were good, the 80's movie was very 80's and disjointed but I still find myself watching it occasionally. I enjoyed the Sci-Fi channel miniseries they did back in the 90's or early 2000's.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I would guess that the sandworms in Dune are the inspiration for the graboids in the Tremors movies.

BeerThirty

I was not aware of Dune the movie or books until last week when I noticed the trailer on HBO. Watched the trailer, seemed very hard to follow. Big budget, big actors. I will probably attempt to watch.

ATLFalconsfan80

Ive never read the books or watched the 80s version.. but will watch just cause its on HBO Max and it saves me from having to go the theater

Latest posts